Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2013 10:05:56 AM EDT
I'm currently looking for a quality detachable carry handle to place atop of my AR15 (5.56) A3 flattop upper; I've recently found out Colt makes a .22lr detachable carry handle, here http://www.midwayusa.com/product/990807/colt-carry-handle-for-colt-m4-22-long-rifle, specifically designed to fit Colt's .22lr M4 carbine.

It's half the price of a detachable carry handle made by a reputable company designed for AR15s in 5.56x45, and if the Colt .22lr M4 is a replica of a mil-spec AR15, I assume this carry handle should, theoretically, be made to fit an AR15 A3 mil-spec upper receiver. Is this wrong? Am I overlooking something? Forgive my ignorance please, I'm in the process of assembling my very first firearm, but I'm having difficulty finding more information regarding the compatibility of this carry handle other than that it is built to mil-spec standards (which should be correct height for my F marked FSB).
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is a "Colt .22lr" AR type product, COLT DID NOT MAKE IT.

Spend the money on something that isn't based on airsoft.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh, its a Colt M4 OPS accesory (Walther made licensed from Colt I believe), not airsoft.

Anyway, its probably setoup for .22 balistics and wont work well with .223
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I see, I guess I was confused by the usage of the colt logo all over the product as well as in the naming of the damn thing.

That's a shame, was hoping I could get a decently made mil-spec carry handle made by colt for half the cost.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Your best bet for a good quality, good priced carry handle is to check out the Equipment Exchange (orange button in the top right corner)

I see them selling in there for $40-60 pretty regularly.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top