Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2013 6:44:13 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm new here but been lurking for a while.  I recently picked up an Aero stripped lower from a member here and had my eye on a slightly used Aero upper with 18" barrel someone had listed in the EE.  That got sold before I could get it and I have been trying to decide what to get for the top end.  Its going to be an 18" build, maybe even a 20".  I was debating on getting the stripped Aero upper to match, but noticed looking at the pics, most don't have an Aero logo or name that would match the lower.   I already have one mixed carbine, and a pistol with Spikes upper and lower.  

Does anyone know if all the Aero uppers actually have the logo or not?  If they don't, I may just keep my eyes peeled for an upper on the EE or somewhere else in order to get a complete one.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]
The few that I have used do not
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Very interesting, none of the 4 I have purchased in the last year were marked.  

Edit:  Not paying attention.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]
The 2 I have are stamped with American flags
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I did a build for my friend using a Aero upper and it was unmarked. I've also seen them marked with the flag. I reckon it's a roll of the dice in what you get. If you want unmarked take a look at WOA.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I saw this one on the website but all of the other pics were unmarked.  I might just find one built like I want and just not worry about them matching.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The 2 I have are stamped with American flags
View Quote

Dittto.  I have used several and they all have the flag on them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a little too late but I just ordered (yesterday) an Aero stripped upper from their site. I assumed it would look exactly as the pic posted above and on their site. I hope to have it in a week or so. I'll try to remember to post on this thread what I find in the box.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
The last 4 I bought spread out during this year were all unmarked.  At the time, some were saying they were with flags, but most were unmarked..and I'd hope at least one I bought will be with the American Flag etched.. none were.
Possible certain batches or dealers got the ones with flags while most got blanks/unmarked uppers.  
For the ones who got one with the Flag, when and where did you buy it from...hopefully I can still try to get one with it...as I've rolled the dice and ended up with 4 stripped uppers with no logos.

eta:  Buying a unmarked upper usually matches everything  OP maybe buy direct from Aero..and contact them and ask if it comes with any logo or not.  Something also to consider, they have stripped blem uppers coming in stock frequently and they're gtg and usually doesn't have any logos.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I've bought some from Surplus Arms & ammo and they are made by aero precision. They were not marked. Price is right though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a blem upper from Aero about a month ago and it didnt have a logo. That said the upper fits my blem Aero lower perfect. Nice and tight but the pins still come out easy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I've used an aero upper and it had the flag on it. I had really good luck with my aero build, very good quality.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I went with a stripped upper from Aero to match my lower I had built before. I put a BCM 16in mid length barrel with it as well as a Spikes 12in BAR Rail. The lower is sporting a CTR; its all black and I am happy how it came out. I previously had an M4A2 style 16in upper with a Colt/Bushmaster (greyish parkerization) on that lower. I built the new upper because I was happy with the color difference even after a decent rattle can job... Turned out to be a tad more expensive than just the $60.00 stripped upper I though I was going to do; oh well
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Aero has said they arent doing the flag roll mark right now or anytime soon again.Possibly again down the road.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I Ordered one last week. Should be in by the end of the week. I will post pics.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#16]
If you want one without a flag, SAA has plenty of them http://www.surplusammo.com/surplus-ammo-arms-ar15-stripped-flat-top-upper-receiver/
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We have not been marking our uppers with anything but t-marks for awhile. If you would like our logo or the flag, you should be able to ask for it in the order notes section though.
View Quote

Well there you go straight from the horses mouth.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We have not been marking our uppers with anything but t-marks for awhile. If you would like our logo or the flag, you should be able to ask for it in the order notes section though.
View Quote

Awesome!  I will have to do that when I am ready to order.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I Ordered one last week. Should be in by the end of the week. I will post pics.
View Quote

Just received mine yesterday and a has a flag on it.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I just received my Aero upper an hour ago. It has the flag and "T" marks on it (I'm glad it does) and it looks pretty cool. It is mated to a Mantis Arms lower and the color matches perfectly.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top