Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2013 8:58:33 PM EDT
This started out as a 'budget' build.  It didn't shoot like I wanted it to so I gradually sold off the budget parts and replaced them with what I should have bought in the first place.

The handguard is the last part that needs to go.  Considering the Seekins with the flat bottom or an AP customs carbon fiber.

Magpul PRS (I would prefer a slightly shorter stock but the weight of the PRS balances the rifle out nicely)
JP Silent Captured Spring
JP LMOS Carrier
JP Adj gas block
Geissele SSA trigger
BAD lever (I was dubious about these at first but now I wouldn't want an AR without one.)
DPMS lower
BCM blem upper
CMT MPI bolt
hogue handguard
DPMS MK12 barrel 18in rifle gas 1-8 twist (I was dubious about this barrel at first but it shoots very well)
Nordic Corvette Comp (I was actually getting a little bit too much downforce from this and my muzzle was dipping slightly.  Tapped the top jet port, threaded in a machine bolt and slowly drilled out the center of it until the rifle stopped moving.)

Last match still using the TA33 ACOG.
http://youtu.be/NVOFZNaHPfI

Upgraded to the Vortex Razor 1-6.  Haven't shot a match with it yet, but it is leaps and bounds ahead of the ACOG for the 3-gun game.

ADM Recon Mount, 3in cantilever.  MGM throwlever.

When I get some decent range time in I would like to review the Vortex.  It's the nicest rifle scope I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Good looking rifle.

I have a rifle built with the DPMS Mk12.  It's picky with ammo, but once I found what it likes (Hornady Steel match 75gn BTHP) it shoots 3/4-1/2" groups at 100yrds as long as I do my part.  Only downside is it's a heavy ass barrel.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 4:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice build. I like the SSA, but I went with the Timney 3.5.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a rifle built with the DPMS Mk12.  It's picky with ammo, but once I found what it likes (Hornady Steel match 75gn BTHP) it shoots 3/4-1/2" groups at 100yrds as long as I do my part.  Only downside is it's a heavy ass barrel.

View Quote

I've been shooting a DPMS MK12 in 3 gun for the last 2 years. The only ammo it doesn't like is Tula 223 55gr.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice shooting.  You seem very consistent.  I can certainly see the muzzle dipping in your video, but overall, it looks like you have your rifle running well for you.  Please let us know how the Vortex works out for you, too.  I am considering one for my competition rifle.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top