Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2013 6:24:27 AM EDT
I recently purchased and assembled a PSA stripped lower - very nice.  Had been waiting for a PSA 223 Wylde FF  upper and finally had the opportunity to order one.  When it arrived and I went to install, I found a significant gap between the upper and lower receiver - most notably near the buffer tube.  There is enough of a gap to see plenty of daylight and fit a couple stacked playing cards through.  Still waiting to hear back from PSA customer service, but for a $600.00 upper, this appears unacceptable.  The lower, by the way, fits perfectly on my Spikes and RRA uppers - no gap - perfect fit.  Is this a common occurance?   Is this acceptable? Any input would be greatly appreciated .  I am working on getting a pic posted.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:48:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Im not a fan of PSA as a general rule but that said my FN and Colt rifles in the military had all kinds of wobble and gap between the upper and lower. Still worked fine - Annoying yes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#2]
https://colfaxtactical.com/docs/AR-15%20manual.pdf

1. With the upper receiver attached to the lower receiver, and the pivot pin and takedown pins in place, perform the
following test:
(a) Apply hand pressure to push the upper receiver as far to one side as possible.
(b) Attempt to insert a 0.020 inch thickness gage between the pivot pin lugs of the upper and lower
receivers.
(c) If the thickness gage penetrates to the pivot pin at all accessible locations, repair by replacement of the
upper receiver (see (b) below) or replacement of rifle is required.
2. If the rifle fails the above test, remove the upper receiver and install a "NEW" upper receiver and perform the
test again.
3. If the rifle now passes the above test, it shall be considered serviceable and continue in use.
4. If the rifle falls the test with a new upper receiver, this failure shall be considered a shortcoming. This
shortcoming requires action to obtain a replacement rifle. Once a replacement has been received, evacuate the
original rifle to depot for overhaul.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had good experience with PSA. They will work it out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
My PSA lower had slight play with a surplus FN A2 upper, but no play at all with a new BCM A4 upper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top