BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2013 10:16:52 AM EDT
What buffer/spring combo would work best for a 14.5'' midlength barrel"

With an ar15 bcg... non full auto.

Edit: the rifle is already built.

it has a Spike's fn chf barrel and a bcm gas block... so hopefully no gas port issues..

Currently installed are the standard carbine buffer and spring from Palmetto.

I've probably shot 400 rounds through it, using brass and steel.

I've had about 10 light primer strikes while shooting rapidly, with both brass and some steel cased ammo.

I bought a "heavy"  5 oz buffer from amazon and used it for two range sessions and couldn't tell much of a difference.

Note: when I slam the bcg home it SLAMS forward... I mean mine seems to slam harder then other people's,,, but that's just me comparing mine to people's on utube.

Is there anything I should be worried about?

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
JPSCS
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It's going to depend on the maker and if they have a rep for over gassing.  Personally I would just go with a regular carbine spring and a H buffer and see where I need to go from there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
This /\/\/\/\.... start at the beginning with "known" parts to give yourself a baseline. Once correct function is established you can experiment from there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I run Slash's HSS buffer(6.5oz) with a standard power carbine action spring with my Noveske Afghan and it runs really nice. A Spikes ST-T2 would also be a good choice. I agree with trying a H, H2 or H3 and see what you get from those.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd use a standard spring and a standard buffer to begin with. BCM recommends this, especially if using weak ammo.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top