Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2013 7:43:18 PM EDT
Forgive me if this has already come up. I'm new to the site and have had a bit of a hard time navigating it to run a simple search. I'm curious if anyone has bypassed local CLEO's by creating the "Gun Trust" through Apple Law firm or another to deal strictly with the FEDS? Thanks in advance and apologies once again. Bill
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the sight. Not sure if you are asking strictly about "apple law" but a trust is a very common route.

You will get differing opinions about whether you should use an electronic software form of trust or a real lawyer.

I say a real lawyer because they will draft you a trust designed to meet the requirements specific to NFA. And if for what ever reason you come under scrutiny you have that lawyer to back you up.  Good luck getting a call back from quicken will maker for legal support.

Finally the search function is crippled for non paying members. While everyone here would prefer you pay, until you make that decision just use google and throw ar15.com on the end to search the site.

Not sure if you can get to the community forums but talk to someone from Delaware and their is a good chance they can point you in the direction of an NFA lawyer in deleware. I pay about $300 2 years ago
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I've done a few in a version quicken willmaker. They do a general revokable living trust. Just make sure of you need to register trust in your state. My state doesn't, and all I needed to do is print and have it notarized.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I just used Quicken as well, no problems.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've done a few in a version quicken willmaker. They do a general revokable living trust. Just make sure of you need to register trust in your state. My state doesn't, and all I needed to do is print and have it notarized.

View Quote

Been looking for this info as well, thanks. How do we find out if the Trust has to be registered in our States?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top