Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 2:50:32 PM EDT
Probably a stupid question but are all upper parts the same? I need to put together a stripped upper reciever and was wondering if there is any company I should avoid or something you recommend. I'm looking to buy a forward assist kit and ejection port door kit. I'm sure it's all the same but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you stick to a quality name branded supplier/manufacturer that is built to Mil-Spec with 7075-T6 Forgings or Solid Billet you should be fine.
Aero Precision comes to mind for quality and a fair prices...I like 7075-T6 Billet for the extra strength/stiffness which can only help towards
better accuracy potential out of your AR-15...

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of AR specific small parts are farmed out to various shops.

Buying from a reputable vendor will ensure you don't have any QC issues, cosmetic defects, etc.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top