Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 12:07:09 AM EDT
My first build is almost complete. My question is, when I start assembling all the parts should I add a little lube to the parts?

Here is a list of what I have:

JD Billet Lower
Stag Arms LPK
Mil spec buffer
Magpul MOE stock
Magpul MIAD grip
JD Upper
BCM BCG
Franklin Armory Melonite 1:7 16"
Centurion Arms C4 12" Rail

Need:
BCM Ambi CH
Gas block
Gas tube
Flash suppressor/comp
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I see you purchased a complete upper. If you were to install a new barrel, grease well be required for the threads.

Otherwise just lube like you're lubing any other gun. Mainly the bolt carrier group. It wouldn't hurt to put something in the trigger components and the buffer..
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:14:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Just browse through all the subforums under AR15 (or search if you're pressed for time).  The second sticky under the "Maintenance & Cleaning" thread....

And yes, anything thats a pin or detent in the LPK should have light lubrication
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#3]
A drop of oil makes pins go in a bit easier.  

I put moly grease on the trigger, disconnector, and hammer engagement surfaces, as well as the channel in the selector the detent rides in and the bearing surface of the selector and receiver.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see you purchased a complete upper. If you were to install a new barrel, grease well be required for the threads.

Otherwise just lube like you're lubing any other gun. Mainly the bolt carrier group. It wouldn't hurt to put something in the trigger components and the buffer..
View Quote

Actually each piece on this build has been purchased separately.  Ok thanks for the heads up on the grease. I've seen guys use frog. I'm sure this would do. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#5]
+ 1
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top