Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2013 2:04:21 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience withthis red dot scope?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about a Vortex Strikefire?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
yes vortex strikefire
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought one last month from one of our members off the EE took it straight to the range and zeroed it on my rifle next to my wife's Primary Arms 30mm red dot. got to say the Vortex is sweet straight out of the box took 15 rounds to get my 300 yrd  zero and could have stopped at 10 because it was dead on. This is a excellent budget Red/Green dot. A friend was there with his Shiny ACOG and EOtech rifles and where I couldn't match him shot for shot with the ACOG at range I was dam close and out shot his EOtech at 3X the cost of my little Vortex.
All in all I put 300 rounds through the Vortex so far and About 250 or so through the Primary Arms to me the Vortex is great avg is 1.2-1.8 inch groups at 100 yrds depending on ammo and my ability not to be a excited spaz with a new toy, The Primary Arms red dot avg is about 2-2.2 inch groups at the same range. I have shot both out to 300 yards also and where the ACOG smoked me at range the Vortex was still able to put groups nicely packed into the head at this range on a man sized target where as my Primary not so much; still on target but not for the head shots (looked like I had shot it with 00 buck at 300yrds)
But this is only my .02 cents do some reading and look at the reviews on youtube and other sites also it might help guide you in the right direction. But for me the Vortex Strikefire has my vote for one of if not the best budget optic for now and I will use one again when the budget allows because the wife has now asked for one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I had one die on me last week, it is about 6 months old with about 800 rounds through it...  It was in storage for about a month and when I checked on it the dot wouldn't come on.  I emailed vortex and they told me some things to try, like tighten / clean battery cover, new battery (duh), and make sure it wasn't in night vision mode.  When none of that worked they emailed me a warranty repair form and I shipped it back.

Less than 1 week and it is already on its way back to my door, I couldn't be happier with vortex's lifetime warranty or their service.  Buy with confidence knowing that if you ever have problems they will have you covered.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top