Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2013 9:44:13 AM EDT
Hello All.

I was hestiant about posting this since it seems such a small thing.  However, I'm about to make another purchase and would like to avoid wasting money by consulting with some of you guys who have been around a while.

I have a Troy Industries QD Mount that goes on a rail.  As we all know the Noveske NSR rail system is different, which is what I have.  I also have a Magpul MS3 sling.  What I'm attempting to do is plug the troy industries QD swivel into the NSR QD mount.  It does not seem large enough to go all the way through and pulls out easily.  This also occurs when I try to put the Magpul QD swivel from the sling in there too.  So I wonder if it's a Noveske issue?  Bascially, I want QD for both the front and rear of the sling.

Troy Industries QD Swivel
http://www.outdoorgearbarn.com/images/product/large/Troy-Industries-QD-360-Rail-Mount.jpg

Noveske NSR Mount
http://images1.opticsplanet.com/365-240-ffffff/opplanet-noveske-nsr-qd-swivel-mount-ffadbe.jpg

Magpul MS3 Sling
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/files/2012/06/MS3-QD-500x326.jpg
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
QD should be QD. Sockets and swivels should be interchangeable.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have that Troy piece. It does not work with any of my QD swivels. I put it in a can with other shit that doesn't work.

Link Posted: 7/13/2013 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#4]
That sling is made to use the QD end toward the back, either in the stock or something like the Noveske end plate. The front needs The Magpul RSA or just hook it to any sling swivel.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That sling is made to use the QD end toward the back, either in the stock or something like the Noveske end plate. The front needs The Magpul RSA or just hook it to any sling swivel.

Good so yours doesn't work either.  Well not good, but at least I'm not the only one.

Ok so I know the Magpul MS3 sling is used for the rear.  I wanted to hookup another QD to the other end so when I go from 1 point to 2 point sling it can attach to my Noveske NSR QD Keymod piece.

Brand Suggestions?  Just need the QD piece.  I saw UTG, but I'm think there are some better brands.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Should be, but isn't. I have had incompatibility issues with a YHM sling QD  and my EMOD stock. I bought a LaRue and all was good. Go figure.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to hear of these issues before I waste money. I'm about to switch to QDs on both ends (buying a Quad Dual QD sling from Savvy Sniper for my latest and next builds). Hate to waste money on unusable stuff. My last build will get new hand guards with a QD built in to the rails (switching to a drop in carbine rail from Troy or Midwest Industries) and has a built in QD on the Magpul CTR stock. Next build is getting a SOPMOD stock (it also gets a Noveske QD end plate, might also retro fit one to the last build). And I'll need to buy some type of forward QD mount for the Lightweight Free Float Yankee Hill fore end I've purchased for the one I'm building now.

So the Larue QD is reliable and GTG then? Any others that can be ruled safe (Daniel Defense etc.?)?
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a GG&G angular QD attachment for your NSR mount. Or get the MS4 sling.
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be, but isn't. I have had incompatibility issues with a YHM sling QD  and my EMOD stock. I bought a LaRue and all was good. Go figure.

One would think a QD swivel or socket would be hard to screw up.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Just received a Magpul MS4 sling.  These QD buttons still do not work on my Noveske NSR QD keymod.  The only option left would be to use my Troy Industries rail accessory that allows for QD attachment.  Anyone else dealing with this?  I should ask for a refund from Noveske.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok, so with some fiddling I finally got it to work.  The real challenge is lining up the holes on the NSR rails.  So the NSR has a circular hole as does the QD keymod.  When you line them up, it's fine.  It's when you screw the torx screw that it starts mis-aligning due to the tightness you put on it.  I did it little by little to each screw.  When I finally got it, just testing mind you, I realized the reason it wasn't working.  The QD input was not going all the way throw because of the holes not lining up.  It would click in, but was not making a secure connection.  Loving the MS4 sling.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
If you ever take it off and put it back on, try inserting the swivel before tightening it down. One of two things should happen. Either it will hold the piece in alignment, allowing easier install, or it will lock it in tight, prohibiting removal of the swivel until you loosen the Torx screws again...
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Troy one you have to slide on, but I have used that one for Samson, Diamondhead, Troy, etc... Rails Also the daniel defense kit works great too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you ever take it off and put it back on, try inserting the swivel before tightening it down. One of two things should happen. Either it will hold the piece in alignment, allowing easier install, or it will lock it in tight, prohibiting removal of the swivel until you loosen the Torx screws again...
View Quote

So simple didn't even think of that.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top