Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2013 10:36:27 PM EDT
Has anyone used the 80percentarms.com 80% ar-15 jig before? If so could you share your experience with it and your opinion of it?
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not used it.  I am placing an order for one once my 80% arrives from a RocketHub fund.  Of the jigs out there, this one seemed to have the best set up, and by far the best instructions.  I will report back when I get it and give it a whirl.  But I don't imagine that will happen for at least a month or so.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have it, I have not used it yet but it is pretty good. It fits the lower I got from hlf manufacturing perfectly. The only thing is it does not have drill bushings but to me that doesn't matter since I will only be doing a few lowers. They ship 7 days or less now. I waited 10 for mine but I had no issue with that either.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking to use it on a lower from American spirit arms. I'm not planning on doing a ton of lowers but want a jig that will last pretty well. Do you guys think this is a good choice?
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it will last long enough. Really any concerns get the TM jig. I have ordered asa lower too but has not come in yet. Also found these these guys and heard their jig is good also, jl billet
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I would get one of those jigs but I need one that is compatible with a drill press. I don't have a mill so I need one with the hole drilled in the top plate. Thank you though. I think I'm probably going to go with the 80%arms one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I need one that is good for completing 8 lowers.  I had not seen the option of having drilling bushings installed.  That is looking like a really good idea.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you know if there is a way to get drill bushings installed in one if I do plan on using it for more builds?
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 2:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]
it looks to be a steel insert to reinforce and align the drill bits when drilling the hammer and trigger pin holes.
they can be purchased.  But, for the price of a couple bushings (20-30ea), the 30-40 premium on the other two jigs is worth it.

http://www.acmeindustrial.com/precisionbushing.htm

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 6:50:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
it looks to be a steel insert to reinforce and align the drill bits when drilling the hammer and trigger pin holes.
they can be purchased.  But, for the price of a couple bushings (20-30ea), the 30-40 premium on the other two jigs is worth it.

http://www.acmeindustrial.com/precisionbushing.htm

http://store.acmeindustrial.com/  Good quote interface

You need 2 #23 drill bushing (H/T), and a U drill bushing (safety). It looks like it would be easy enough to upgrade your non bushed jig.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I have used the Matthews Carbine Company jig set and it is very well built. www.shop.mccfirearms.com
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#11]
In regards to the 80% Arms Jig... if you are using an American Spirit Arms 95% lower, DO NOT use this jig. It is a bitch. You have to mill the jig in three place (each side plate, where it meets the mag well; it doesn't accommodate the ASA lower's flare), and the bolt release pin boss (it hits the side plate, not allowing the side plate to sit properly). You will ALSO have to shim the right hand side of the jig with washers, front and rear, in order for the drill holes to line up centered in the pocket.

If you are interested, I can put some pics in my Dropbox if you'd like clarification.
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it will last long enough. Really any concerns get the TM jig. I have ordered asa lower too but has not come in yet. Also found these these guys and heard their jig is good also, jl billet
View Quote

They are nearly Identical to the HQ TM jigs.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top