Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:36:22 PM EDT
Has anyone added accessory rails to their ff tube.  I have a QD sling stud on the bottom that I want to reserve for my Harris bipod and was thinking about adding short rails to the sides on the front end to mount a QD swivel socket on one side, and possibly an illuminator light on the other for night hunting.  Good or bad idea, give me your thoughts.
Thanks,
TC
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 1:06:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I did on mine. I just used a few small pieces of polymer rail I had laying around from Magpul VFGs. Works pretty well with the provided mounting screws and backings.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I did on mine. I just used a few small pieces of polymer rail I had laying around from Magpul VFGs. Works pretty well with the provided mounting screws and backings.

Thanks for the reply, any chance you have any pics of them installed?  I thought about going with the Magpul ones, but figured if I am going to put the QD swivel socket on one side, I would rather have aluminum ones as the rifle is pretty heavy.  I got them from BlackRifleTactical on EBay and they actually come with three rails, two short and one longer with backing nuts and two sets of screws.  I am going to mill a groove lengthwise on the back sides so that sit solid on the tube  and not rock.
Thanks
TC
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top