Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2012 8:07:17 PM EDT
This is my first build, wanted to start out with something inexpensive and fun to shoot. My goal was to come in under $700 finished and I think I did unless I am forgetting some stuff.

Already have:
LAR Grizzly stripped lower $80
AR-Stoner Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO M4 Contour 1 in 9" Twist 16" Chrome Moly Phosphate $100
DPMS Flash Hider A1 1/2"-28 Thread AR-15 Matte $7
DPMS Crush Washer AR-15 $3
Hogue Free Float Tube Handguard (midlength to cover the gas block) $50
Yankee Hill Machine Gas Block Low Profile $23
DPMS Gas Tube Carbine $13
DPMS Gas Tube Roll Pin $2

Ordered but haven't received:
Core 15 Nickel Boron BCG, Nickel boron hammer, hardcore charging handle $200
PSA Premium Classic Lower Build Kit $80

Hopefully the last piece to acquire:
LAR Grizzly upper receiver $100

$658

Hopefully that is a complete rifle.
I will probably just stick an inexpensive red dot on it for now, that will most likely bump me just past my $700 goal. Close enough.

I have not even started assembling yet and I am already starting to plan a second build...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
that looks like a very fun rifle to shoot.

a 14.5" pencil on that thing would put it over the top imo. although $100 for a barrel you cant go wrong
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya, I don't really care for the contour of the barrel either. If I decide to change it out I can probably sell the this one for close to what I paid.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it. Yeah I agree with the other posters about the barrel, but for the price, it's pretty sweet.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top