Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2012 5:37:37 AM EDT
I'm looking at an order here.  Mega Arms says the 3S fits better with Standard Uppers.  
How well does it fit with a Mega Upper since the 3H is designed to mate perfectly with Mega Uppers?

I ask because I can save $20.00 buy getting the 3S and a Mega Upper separate versus a Matched set 3H and Mega Upper.
I also have 1 ArmaLite Upper and 1 DPMS Upper to use with it.

How well does the 3H Mate with other standard uppers?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The billet Mega upper is faceted. Not round like the forged. The 3S has a round buffer area that matches the forged uppers. The 3H has a faceted buffer area that matches the Mega billet upper.

Edit: If you're going with a forged upper, get the 3S. With a Mega billet upper get the 3H. The outside shape will match better.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Went with the Billet 3H Lower.
Billet Mega Upper.

And an Acu-Wedge (Ergo instead of DPMS to save a $) encase the other uppers need it.
But the set screw in the bottom should be fine.

Thank you for the details, I don't need the tail end to match perfect on the other lowers.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top