Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 6:46:58 AM EDT
I've got a stripped lower & 2 stripped uppers on the way. Having a hard time deciding what to build. I was thinking something along the lines of an A4 style flat top 20" barrel w a quad rail or a updated 629 style commando w the 11.5" barrel w grenade ring & moderator. The typical do both is an option but the other upper might get saved for an SBR but im not sure yet. What does the hive think?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:02:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Good question, FF.  I recommend you build the lower as your one and only, configured to suit your ergonomically.  Then build one of the uppers in 5.56 with the 20" barrel you hanker for, and build the other upper in 6.8 SPC, a lightweight 16" carbine.  The 5.56 needs a longer barrel for optimum performance, while the 6.8 does just fine with a 16-incher.  

FWIW, that's the route I took.  My 5.56 build has a low cost 1in8, chrome lined barrel from Green Mountain and its an amazing tack driver.  The pic below is how the 5.56 ended up after much parts swapping. good luck - CW

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually Ive had a 16" 6.8 for about 4 years already. This is actually going to be #4 that I currently have.  I've got the 6.8, 2 in 5.56: a 18" SPR, & a 14.5 w permanent flash suppressor.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top