I am looking for a sweet looking billet lower please give me some sugestions
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]
SEEKINS!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#2]
POF
SUN DEVIL
Quentin Defence (own this one very affordable)

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#3]
AXTS!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#4]
+1
Quoted:
SEEKINS!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Arfcom has their own branded billet lower with the bfl.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#6]
My favorite is the ARFCOM/Magpul patterned one.

I honestly don't see how people enjoy looking at the Seekins lowers, but that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Sun Devil
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]

+2
For this one,just picked one up today at my local fun show.I like the fact it doesn't have roll pins to mess with and to me it just looks damn cool.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]
and ambi bolt release if a very good feature!

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Cross Machine Tool, Lexington TN. I just bought one. I got the FDE anodized set. It went together perfectly.

7075 extruded AL billet
Wire EDM mag well
Screwed bolt catch
Set screw to remove toggle (mine has no toggle)
Flared maxwell
Big clean chamfers around the trigger
M4 feed ramps

$199 for the lower
$290 for the set

www.cmttac.com

I don't have pics yet.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Too many weird curves.

It looks like a 10 year old girl had a say in the design.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The MEGA billet lower is pretty nice.

http://megaarms.com/ar-15/lower-receivers/billet-lowers/gtr-3h/

+1 for Mega
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
AXTS!

This, it is probably the most expensive lower you can buy but I do love mine.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Google Hellbreaker Lower....I guarantee it's the most unique (one of my favorite looking) lowers out there. It's production is on hiatus right now though :-/

Edit: found the image

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Black rain ordnance

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I just picked up my second Mega Ambi lower.  It's likely that all my lowers going forward will be Mega.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
AXTS!

I'm gonna copy/paste a post I worked up after hearing "it's sooooo expensive" for the hundredth time:

Build 1:
AXTS AX556 $430
45* BAD-ASS - $65 ($20 discount when purchased with lower)
ALG Defense QMS Trigger Group - $45
Misc parts/springs/detents - $20

Total: $555

Build 2:
AR15.com “Ambi” lower - $275
Norgon ambi-catch - $80
DD LPK - $90
45* BAD-ASS - $85

Total: $530

But if you add a Magpul BAD ($30) lever so that it actually is ambi your total is $560
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:14:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Google Hellbreaker Lower....I guarantee it's the most unique (one of my favorite looking) lowers out there. It's production is on hiatus right now though :-/

I'm not on for gimmicks and guns to much,but I love the look of that lower just to be different.Would be a great collectors piece and cool to take to the range and show off.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm currently designing and pricing out my AR build.

So far, I'm liking

Tactical Innovations T15BDX
http://www.tacticalinc.com/t15bdxtrade-billet-deluxe-patented-billet-machined-ar-lower-receiver-p-1082.html

AR15.com Billet Lower (Based on the MagPul design)
http://store.ar15.com/product.html?cat=39&pr=321
I do like the fact that they are also selling it in a complete package with a Geissele 2 Stage trigger.

The Core15 Harcore (Not a huge fan of it though)
http://www.core15.com/products/uppers-and-lowers/hardcore-lower.html

And now the AX556.

I'm wanting to mate this with a VLTOR MUR-1A Upper, or something comparable.

Thoughts and opinions?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
SEEKINS!!!!!

IMHO, the AR15.com billet lower is by far the nicest one for the money.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am looking for a sweet looking billet lower please give me some sugestions

I'll machine one for you out of dark chocolate.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't have a picture but check out Franklin Armory. I just bought one and love it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I definitely like my sun devil.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I definitely like my sun devil.

x2. Sleek, simple, and sexy:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/pwhalen144/Black%20Gun/sundevillower3b.jpg
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#28]
ahhh, i dunno. i think that the Seekins is an awesome lower, until you get to the magwell... i really like the trigger guard on it, probably the coolest part of it!

however, i really like my Black Rain. the only thing i don't like about many of these lowers (whether billet or forged) is the over-abundancy of logos! i'd like to pick up a nice milled lower and match an upper to it, and have no logo taller than 1". the plan for my Black Rain lower is to re-machine it. i'm probably going to remove the magwell that's already on there, and then add a flared magwell (think Noveske Gen 2) that i'll also have to machine. i'll have a friend who's a medical welder make the two parts into one, and then heat-treat and refinish the whole thing.

that's the PLAN, but it'll probably never happen. if it DOES happen, it'll more than likely be on one of the cheap-o Delaware Defense forged lowers i've got laying around.

oh, the reason i don't like the logos is because i'd like to make a plate out of brass with an Eagle Globe and Anchor engraved into it, attached by 4 really REALLY small screws, and mount that on the magwell forward of the magazine release.

also, POF makes some really nice ones, as does Mega, the Arfcom one is decent, but there again... logos. i REALLY don't want a web address milled into the lower
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Can somebody explain to me what the ambi feature is on the axtx and why it is so much more?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can somebody explain to me what the ambi feature is on the axtx and why it is so much more?

Part of the reason it costs more is because it includes pieces of a lower parts kit as well as it's own ambi mag release system.  As I posted before these parts add up, and adding them to the cost of another high end billet lower gets the price pretty close.  Where the $430 AXTS lower includes the ambi mag release, the Arfcom doesn't, that alone is an $80 feature so you can add that to price of $275.  The AXTS also includes some of what a LPK consists of so really all you need to buy for it is a trigger group and a few springs and detents.  Even using high quality components the cost of these balances out to much less than a full quality LPK.

The unique feature of the AXTS lower allows you to lock the bolt to the rear from the right side (a feature which none of the other lowers in the thread can make claim to being able to do).  It accomplishes this by having a small cross pin behind the magazine release button on the right side that actuates the bolt catch.  For a malfunction such as a double feed what you are then able to do is hit the magazine release and rack the charging handle.  This locks the bolt to the rear and if the magazine hasn't fallen out you can rip it out of the magwell.  You'd then clear any stuck rounds,  put a new mag in and send the bolt forward with the right or left side bolt release or racking the charging handle.  It allows the shooter to perform any function (dropping the magazine, dropping the bolt, locking the bolt) from either side of the gun.  It is the first truly ambidextrous AR15 lower on the market.  LWRC makes one, but as of right now (IIRC) they only have shipped them with complete rifles if they are even shipping them yet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part of the reason it costs more is because it includes pieces of a lower parts kit as well as it's own ambi mag release system.  As I posted before these parts add up, and adding them to the cost of another high end billet lower gets the price pretty close.  Where the $430 AXTS lower includes the ambi mag release, the Arfcom doesn't, that alone is an $80 feature so you can add that to price of $275.  The AXTS also includes some of what a LPK consists of so really all you need to buy for it is a trigger group and a few springs and detents.  Even using high quality components the cost of these balances out to much less than a full quality LPK.

The unique feature of the AXTS lower allows you to lock the bolt to the rear from the right side (a feature which none of the other lowers in the thread can make claim to being able to do).  It accomplishes this by having a small cross pin behind the magazine release button on the right side that actuates the bolt catch.  For a malfunction such as a double feed what you are then able to do is hit the magazine release and rack the charging handle.  This locks the bolt to the rear and if the magazine hasn't fallen out you can rip it out of the magwell.  You'd then clear any stuck rounds,  put a new mag in and send the bolt forward with the right or left side bolt release or racking the charging handle.  It allows the shooter to perform any function (dropping the magazine, dropping the bolt, locking the bolt) from either side of the gun.  It is the first truly ambidextrous AR15 lower on the market.  LWRC makes one, but as of right now (IIRC) they only have shipped them with complete rifles if they are even shipping them yet.

Spot on.....

While the other billet lowers are cool, and some claim they are ambi, the AX556 lower is the only TRUE ambi lower available.

Yes, the lower is more up front, but as the previous poster said, its not that far from what you'd be into a similarly equipped ARFCOM lower.

FWIW- I really like me A-DAC-F lower.  I added a BAD-ASS and a Norgon, so the only ambi feature it doesn't have is RH bolt release.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spot on.....

While the other billet lowers are cool, and some claim they are ambi, the AX556 lower is the only TRUE ambi lower available.

Yes, the lower is more up front, but as the previous poster said, its not that far from what you'd be into a similarly equipped ARFCOM lower.

FWIW- I really like me A-DAC-F lower.  I added a BAD-ASS and a Norgon, so the only ambi feature it doesn't have is RH bolt release.

It is a great lower if you are specifically looking for billet AND ambi.   If you really don't care for ambi features then any billet will do.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I love my Seekins.

Although, I want an ARFCOM lower too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I see you're bronze and raise you sir

It's a c3 defense  lower I got in trade, nice, good quality
And slightly cheaper than most.

Sorry, crappy cell phone pic
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The MEGA billet lower is pretty nice.

http://megaarms.com/ar-15/lower-receivers/billet-lowers/gtr-3h/

+1 I have one of these, very high craftsmanship, and built in adjustable tensioner for upper/lower.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AXTS!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/btm7687/Weapons%20of%20Minor%20Destruction/AXTS%20AX556%20Build/left.jpg

I'm gonna copy/paste a post I worked up after hearing "it's sooooo expensive" for the hundredth time:

Build 1:
AXTS AX556 $430
45* BAD-ASS - $65 ($20 discount when purchased with lower)
ALG Defense QMS Trigger Group - $45
Misc parts/springs/detents - $20

Total: $555

Build 2:
AR15.com “Ambi” lower - $275
Norgon ambi-catch - $80
DD LPK - $90
45* BAD-ASS - $85

Total: $530

But if you add a Magpul BAD ($30) lever so that it actually is ambi your total is $560

Never seen those before, looks good.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#37]
that c3 looks to be machined from nearly the same exact file as the sun devils.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:54:21 AM EDT
[#38]
My vote goes to Seekins.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top