Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 11:01:17 AM EDT
I’m looking to order 3 AR15 lower receivers & the dealer says they would mark them as pistol on the ATF form, can someone tell me or point me in the correct direction? I've been searching on here & google and can't seem to find anything. I thought I read somewhere on here about this very issue & would like proof to show that dealer or any other dealer here in Maine for that matter. Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The proof is in the explanations in the back of the form 4473. a Receiver is transferred as "Other," the third box on the form (Long gun, Handgun, Other Firearm). Essentially, the same restrictions that apply to pistol transfers apply here (21 or older, resident of transfer state) but there is no requirement for a multiple handgun form when you buy three. The dealer SHOULD already know this, and may have just been trying to explain the transfer procedures, but "handgun" will not be checked and "receiver" will be written next to the make, model, serial number and caliber.

hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The proof is in the explanations in the back of the form 4473. a Receiver is transferred as "Other," the third box on the form (Long gun, Handgun, Other Firearm). Essentially, the same restrictions that apply to pistol transfers apply here (21 or older, resident of transfer state) but there is no requirement for a multiple handgun form when you buy three. The dealer SHOULD already know this, and may have just been trying to explain the transfer procedures, but "handgun" will not be checked and "receiver" will be written next to the make, model, serial number and caliber.

hope this helps.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I did find this link at the ATF website:   http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2009/07/070709-openletter-ffl-gca.pdf

I’m assuming these rules are still in effect to this day?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#3]
It is marked as receiver in the book and checked off as other on the form. A virgin lower can be made into a pistol and does not need to be marked as such
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It is marked as receiver in the book and checked off as other on the form. A virgin lower can be made into a pistol and does not need to be marked as such

Thank you for the info.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top