Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/13/2012 11:17:01 AM EDT
My first Duracoating.

My wife's first build.  Wasn't exactly what she wanted to build, she wants the rail and buffer tube to match the recievers, and to flute the barrel.  But over all she is very happy with the way it turned out.  she's still trying to decide on an optic.

I painted, she beat pins in.  

Sun Devil MFG Anodized Purple Upper and Lower
Rainer Select 16" bull
YHM brake
Samson Evolution 10"
Larue UDE Magpul furniture
Spikes Battle trigger w/KNS
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice....my daughters both like it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you like the Sun Devil Receivers? I'm waiting on them to finish the next batch of FDE receivers so I can pick up a matched set, which will hopefully be in a week or so.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

How do you like the Sun Devil Receivers? I'm waiting on them to finish the next batch of FDE receivers so I can pick up a matched set, which will hopefully be in a week or so.

I have one of their lowers.  I have zero complaints, everything is sized and works as it should...  Finish is topnotch.
OP, duracoat will mix custom colors if you call them.  When my wife wanted an AR, she went to HomeDepot and picked through the purple paint swatches until she found one she liked.  I sent that to Duracoat and they sent me back a paint that matched perfectly.

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool!  I know my girls would like it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have one of their lowers.  I have zero complaints, everything is sized and works as it should...  Finish is topnotch.

Agreed, they look awesome, and the fit is tight.

OP, duracoat will mix custom colors if you call them.  When my wife wanted an AR, she went to HomeDepot and picked through the purple paint swatches until she found one she liked.  I sent that to Duracoat and they sent me back a paint that matched perfectly.

Strange because when I called and asked about that....I was told their was nothing they could do for me to match the anodized purple.

I took off to the Baja 1k the night after we finished, so she hasn't fired it yet.  Hopefuly I'm out fo work early enough tomorrow.  Got to get her to decide on an optic too.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top