Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2012 9:40:38 AM EDT
So far I have gotten my lower built up, upper is still on back order so I threw an S&W M&P upper on it to function check.
Sun Devil lower, Geissele SSA-E trigger and Vltor A5 stock
Works fine with the 16" mid length upper, next time will put on a 11.5" carbine length, then if I can talk my buddy into it I will let him try it with his LWRC 10" piston upper

Gratuitous foot and puppy included in shot in honor of ARFCOM tradition
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Very Nice!!
does the FDE on the grip and stock match up well?

I think I just decided on the Sun Devil for my VLTOR VIS-2 build I really like their work.
 where did you get yours? and is that trigger guard part of the receiver? I haven't been able to find those...
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice. My 2nd AR was built on a Sun Devil lower. One of these days I'll get another receiver set and build something expensive with it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the Magpul grip matches the Vltor FDE pretty well.The Sun Devil lower has the integral trigger guard and the plunger assy that puts pressure on the rear lug to keep the upper from rattling.

ETA - I got the lower at a local gun shop, Sun Devil is located locally so they had them in stock.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top