Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2012 1:35:44 PM EDT
I"m ordering all the parts for my first upper and I am going to let my friend with experience building them assemble it all. However, he is on a two week vacation and I can't ask him questions. So in come you guys.

I ordered a stripped flat-top receiver from PSA along with their ejection port cover assembly and forward assist assembly. I also ordered a BCM Gunfighter complete BCG. I just have a few questions...

Since my receiver doesn't have M4 feed ramps, the barrel I get can have them or can't; it doesn't matter, correct? Also, do I need a low-profile gas block and gas tube to do a free-float tube? And if I'm doing a free-float tube, I don't need a delta ring and all that, do I? The tube will come with what it needs to mount it? Thanks for all the help.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought PSA uppers had M4 feed ramps.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
This one?

DETAILS
Stripped A3 Flattop Upper Receiver. This forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, M4 feed ramps and mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA, and are unmarked for a subdued look..

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/upper-receivers/stripped-unmarked-upper-receiver.html
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
My recent PSA upper receiver has the ramps. But to answer your question, if it doesn't have the ramps you'll be gtg.

A lo-pro is needed only if you want your free-float rail to extend over the gas block. So realy depends on the length of the rail you'll be installing.

The tube or gasblock may have the roll pin included. Might want to check though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This one?

DETAILS
Stripped A3 Flattop Upper Receiver. This forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, M4 feed ramps and mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA, and are unmarked for a subdued look..

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/upper-receivers/stripped-unmarked-upper-receiver.html

Ahh, completely overlooked that! I read right over it. Thanks. That makes things a little easier as now I know I need a barrel with feedramps.

Edit** I overlooked it because I bought a blemished upper and that item description doesn't indicate feedramps lol
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Edit** I overlooked it because I bought a blemished upper and that item description doesn't indicate feedramps lol

I got one of the blem uppers, it DOES NOT have M4 feedramps. Still seems like a good deal.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got one of the blem uppers, it DOES NOT have M4 feedramps. Still seems like a good deal.

More conflicting info lol. I guess we'll just see when it gets here. I won't be buying the barrel for a few days, anyhow.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top