Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2012 8:20:06 PM EDT
Just picked up a brand new MEGA billet lower receiver and put it all together tonight with the exception of the KNS pins. The stock trigger and hammer pins went in fine but these KNS pins won't even start. Yes they are .0154
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Measure both stock and KNS pins and they are same?

Maybe build up within receiver holes...insert the lubed KNS pin using a slight twisting motion. Don't hammer on them and egg out the holes.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I need to find the calipers. I gave up for the night.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:45:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah I need to find the calipers. I gave up for the night.

I bet you have the KNS oversized pins.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not a betting man but I would bet on this, your MEGA is in spec. Those guys up in Tumwater WA are CNC machining guru's. Everything and I mean everything I have ever used from Mega Machine was absolutely perfect. If you couldn't tell I am a huge MEGA fan.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am not a betting man but I would bet on this, your MEGA is in spec. Those guys up in Tumwater WA are CNC machining guru's. Everything and I mean everything I have ever used from Mega Machine was absolutely perfect. If you couldn't tell I am a huge MEGA fan.

Haha I have 3 Mega builds, so I feel your pain.

I don't know what the deal was but the pins were .154 and didn't want to fit. I grabbed a spare pair of KNS .154 pins and they went in like butter.

Link Posted: 7/18/2012 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know what the deal was but the pins were .154 and didn't want to fit. I grabbed a spare pair of KNS .154 pins and they went in like butter.

I read that a few times and still confused, what was the size that wasnt fitting...and then the same size worked using different pins...

Glad it worked out sir.

Link Posted: 7/18/2012 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that a few times and still confused, what was the size that wasnt fitting...and then the same size worked using different pins...

Glad it worked out sir.

Yessir. I tried some .154 pins first and they did not work.

Then I tried another pair of .154 pins and they worked fine.

No clue why.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top