Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2012 5:40:56 PM EDT
Im working on my first build and am looking for a 16" mid length barrel. Im looking to spend about 250 tops for the barrel. I dont know much about barrel profiles and if it makes much of a difference except for weight. Any suggestions on which barrel to get?

I have a PSA upper and FA bcg with a troy 11" trx handguard. Are all low profile gas blocks pretty much equal? And any suggestions as to which sights to get? Also any suggestions on a muzzle break? I cant get a flash hider where im from. Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I just put together a Del Ton kit and it's shooting around MOA with my handloads.  Its a 1 in 9 chrome lined, either mossberg or wilson from my understanding.  Basically it doesn't take a match barrel to get reasonable accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
i got a wilson combat 16" stainless match barrel in recon profile 1:7 twist mid length. The profile can affect barrel harmonics and accuracy as well as heat up and cool down times. my barrel was $250 and I am very happy with it. Troy makes a dang fine sight as well as matech magpul is a little more affordable.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top