Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2012 12:57:04 PM EDT
Well I am working on my first AR15 build. I thought it was about time since this election is looking........aweful. Here's what I have so far.

DPMS Complete Lower
CMT / STAG Upper
CMT Bolt Assembly
ERGO grip w/ Palm Shelf
Badger Ordnance Tactical Latch
LaRue 12" Tactical Handguard
LaRue Low-profile gas block
MagPul PRS stock

Waiting on Douglas 18" Stainless Steel SPR barrel w/ 1:8 twist, m4 ramps and matched bolt from Compass Lake Engineering and my tools from Bushmaster. More pics to follow in the coming weeks!

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s427/kbk323/2012-03-19_16-33-23_648.jpg
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That's good to here. The remaining parts couldn't come any faster. I cannot wait to get it assembled and take it out to the range. I just wish we had some longer ranges by me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I got my barrel from Compass Lake the other day, and as I ripped open the box with as much excitment as a kid on Christmas morning I noticed that the barrel is......threaded. Not at all what I was wanting. I recall placeing an order for an 18" Douglas Stainless Steel SPR profile barrel with m4 ramps and 1:8 twist and matched bolt. I never mentioned anything about it being threaded and with this being my first build ever, I somewhat assumed that SPR implied it being unthreaded. Noob mistake, but I have learned and will move on! I take this as a sign that someone just wants me to add a suppressor to this project when the funds come back around. For the time being does anyone recommend a good muzzle break/flash hider for under $100? And also, to fix this problem in the future do I just specify unthreaded? or something about pre/post ban?
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well I got my barrel from Compass Lake the other day, and as I ripped open the box with as much excitment as a kid on Christmas morning I noticed that the barrel is......threaded. Not at all what I was wanting. I recall placeing an order for an 18" Douglas Stainless Steel SPR profile barrel with m4 ramps and 1:8 twist and matched bolt. I never mentioned anything about it being threaded and with this being my first build ever, I somewhat assumed that SPR implied it being unthreaded. Noob mistake, but I have learned and will move on! I take this as a sign that someone just wants me to add a suppressor to this project when the funds come back around. For the time being does anyone recommend a good muzzle break/flash hider for under $100? And also, to fix this problem in the future do I just specify unthreaded? or something about pre/post ban?

I have a YHM Phantom 5c2 and I love it. Out of stock here but it's only about $20 and they have the fastest shipping and awesome customer service.

Good Luck,
Paul
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#6]
looks like a great start
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top