Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:15:31 PM EDT
hey guys. got a question. this will be my first AR build and i was wondering a few things.

if i get 2 different upper/lower from diff manufacturers, will the fit together as tight as a complete rifle from 1 manuf? (ex: spikes lower and a bcm upper compared to a bcm full rifle straight from the floor)

is there a better or pecking order for stripped lowers and the parts that go inside them? if i get a spikes lower, is there a more sought after trigger/insides from another company?

thx for any help you can give me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Upper/lower fit is random unless hand picked... regardless if it is a full rifle or separate brands.

Different LPKs offer different options... but in a apples to apples comparison usually there is little difference if any.
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
is there a better trigger than others? i saw that DD makes a good one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
is there a better trigger than others? i saw that DD makes a good one.

Milspec no.

It's luck of the draw. Completely random how your trigger will be, they will smooth up with use.

Inexpensive relatively speaking Upgraded milspec triggers are the LWRC enhanced, Spikes Battle trigger, ACT by ALG
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top