Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2012 7:40:22 PM EDT
I have some build experience with AK's and the options in brand and parts is overwhelming on the AR-15's. However, I have a DPMS lower and have ordered nothing else yet. I'm already $200 into this build and I am mainly interested in knowing where to get the rest of my stuff from.

I don't mind cutting corners on looks or using OEM stuff but performance must be maxed out.

Therefore, I was looking on a non-sponsor's site and found a complete Noveske upper for $775, with phantom hider, 1:7, m4 ramps, parked under FSB, etc. I've read the buyers guide on here http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=493 and deduced that Noveske is tip top but I want to make sure there isn't anything else better, with the same features, for less. Where are you guys getting your parts/uppers from for the best price?

Is the FSB going to get in the way of optics in the future or can a riser beat this. Is $100 about right for a good rear sight?

What is the cheapest Milspec stock assembly online right now? Magpul MOE would be nice but the regular M-4 telescoping one would be alright by me to save some bucks.

Also going to go with a DPMS LPK for $53.

EDIT: How about Spikes upper for $500, similar sounding specs?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top