Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2012 8:09:22 AM EDT
Moderator, pls forgive me if I posted this in the wrong place n move accordingly.

I am in the process of gathering info for my very first AR SBR build. What I am looking at building is a light weight upper with a 14.5" barrel with a middy gas system. I have been told by a friend that I must use the same manufacturer for the bcg n barrel as different companies do not match up or mate properly together? Is this true? I have a slightly used Bushmaster Bcg n Ch from a previous gun and need to know if I can use it for my build if I do not use a Bushmaster barrel? Can i use the Bushy Bcg n Ch with a BCM, Spikes, YHM or any other barrel?
Any help with this or any other helpful info for my first build will be greatly appreciated!

(Just a little info on what i am trying to build. I will be using this build mostly for plinking but want to keep it light n short for walk n stalk on wild boar and if needed, hopefully not, self defense)
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Not true, the brands do not have to match.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 6:11:24 AM EDT
[#2]
They don't have to match as they are all made within a certain spec. You can verify by buying go and no go gagues, but unless you plan on building alot this may be wasted money. You could always buy just the bolt from the same manufacturer as the barrel, but this isn't necessary.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top