Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2012 8:08:50 AM EDT
My local gunships has these in stock was wondering if anyone has heard of them or knows anything about em. I like that it doesn't have a logo on it just says interarms Houston TX on it but I've never heard of em.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It appears Interarms supplies alot of receivers for AK's and such sold through Century.  

A brief google search shows nothing much about AR lowers from them.

As always, take each lower on its own merits, go over it with a fine tooth comb before purchasing, compare with a known receiver with good specs.  

Look for things like holes off center/ misaligned, magazine release hole angled, thin finish, holes too large or too small, watch for PMAGs and USGI mags being able to be inserted and released properly.

Ask the shop if they are offering a warranty if you purchase it and it is out of spec.  If they will keep replacing it until you get one in spec (assuming the first isnt) then you really should have no fears.

Conversely you can purchase a lower with a known pedigree and warranty from about a dozen or so other manufacturers
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#2]
i used to have an "Interarms Mark X" Bolt Rifle...  it was based off of the old mauser action, but the quality on the Interarms action was superb...!  i wish i still had that rifle it was probably the most accurate rifle i ever owned... i used to handload for that .308 and i would punch little 5shot gruops that measured out in the high .1's to low .2's  that was less the 1/4" MOA at a hundred yrds and it would hold out to 400yds and probably further... but i only shot out to 400yds with that rifle... the barrel probably had the most to do with it...  but the action was really nice and smooth and great steal too...

i have no idea how the Interarms Ar 15 lower reciever's would be...  but i would imagine it would be the same as most... as long as it is in spec it should be Good to go...

Most Lowers are basically the same...  but i wouldnt mind having one of the interams recieves, especialy if they incorporated the same quality that,
they did on the ol mark X  recievers...  

should be ok.. do you have a lnk or picture on the recievers????
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The only link I can find is for complete rifles when I searched Google from highstandard I believe the highstandard rifle are gtg from what I've read I've shot a full auto highstandard before and it ran fine I just can't find any reviews on the interarms lower I talked to the Guy at the shop and he said they've built rifles with em and never had any issues but I don't think they would've told me if they had.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i used to have an "Interarms Mark X" Bolt Rifle...  it was based off of the old mauser action, but the quality on the Interarms action was superb...!  i wish i still had that rifle it was probably the most accurate rifle i ever owned... i used to handload for that .308 and i would punch little 5shot gruops that measured out in the high .1's to low .2's  that was less the 1/4" MOA at a hundred yrds and it would hold out to 400yds and probably further... but i only shot out to 400yds with that rifle... the barrel probably had the most to do with it...  but the action was really nice and smooth and great steal too...

i have no idea how the Interarms Ar 15 lower reciever's would be...  but i would imagine it would be the same as most... as long as it is in spec it should be Good to go...

Most Lowers are basically the same...  but i wouldnt mind having one of the interams recieves, especialy if they incorporated the same quality that,
they did on the ol mark X  recievers...  

should be ok.. do you have a lnk or picture on the recievers????

NOT the same Interarms! The original Interarms was owned by Sam Cummings (a former C.I.A. Agent) and was a major arms importer who was in bed with the C.I.A. He supplied several Banana Republics with LOTS of weapons.

The original company is long gone and Sam Cummings died several years ago.

I would imagine they are the same as today's "Armalite". NO relation to the original company other than they purchased the Trademark and name.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]

NOT the same Interarms! The original Interarms was owned by Sam Cummings

I just looked at the pic of one and the serial number started with SAM.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

NOT the same Interarms! The original Interarms was owned by Sam Cummings

I just looked at the pic of one and the serial number started with SAM.

They are NOT the same company, Interarms went tits up in the early 90's. The C.I.A. No longer needed them, and Sam Cummings had left Virginia for Monoco.

Smoke & Mirrors! Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

The current "Armalite" attempts to appear to be the original company, they were Eagle arms until they purchased the name.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Just mentioning the SAM prefix. Figured it was picked for reason. Have no idea about the company or its history. Just another lower out there with the zillion others.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The ones they had there began with SAM to.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top