Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2012 8:37:59 PM EDT
So I just started installing the RRA NM 2 stage trigger in a new lower and I realized that the pins are a very tight squeeze in the lower. I did some reading and I saw that this is normal (I guess you can say that, I'm going to need to use some serious hammer action to get those babies all the way through). I also saw that some people opt to use the slightly smaller diameter pins, .154 i believe, and they seem to work just fine. Am I fine using these slightly larger pins in this new lower or should I look for some "normal sized" pins? Will smaller ones negatively affect the trigger performance? there is always the thought in the back of my mind that I wont like the trigger and I dont want to have oversized holes in my lower from these RRA pins. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You should contact RRA
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I just started installing the RRA NM 2 stage trigger in a new lower and I realized that the pins are a very tight squeeze in the lower. I did some reading and I saw that this is normal (I guess you can say that, I'm going to need to use some serious hammer action to get those babies all the way through). I also saw that some people opt to use the slightly smaller diameter pins, .154 i believe, and they seem to work just fine. Am I fine using these slightly larger pins in this new lower or should I look for some "normal sized" pins? Will smaller ones negatively affect the trigger performance? there is always the thought in the back of my mind that I wont like the trigger and I dont want to have oversized holes in my lower from these RRA pins. Any thoughts?

Some triggers ship with oversize pins for install in used receivers.
Sounds like that's what you have. Get some standard pins for your new receiver.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that's what I'll do. Is there somewhere I can find just the trigger pins? I've been looking online with no luck. Would a gunsmith have some lying around?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think that's what I'll do. Is there somewhere I can find just the trigger pins? I've been looking online with no luck. Would a gunsmith have some lying around?

As the previous poster mentioned, if you contact RRA they will probably put some in the mail for you pro bono.
Or Citizen's Armory is the best place to buy AR small parts.....good shipping rates.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#5]
A good local gunsmith/ shop ought to have trigger/hammer pins; unless you're a basement dweller with agoraphobia there's no reason to pay shipping on these parts and wait for the postal system to work its magic. Learned this the hard way .
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A good local gunsmith/ shop ought to have trigger/hammer pins; unless you're a basement dweller with agoraphobia there's no reason to pay shipping on these parts and wait for the postal system to work its magic. Learned this the hard way .

Some smiths just don't do Black Rifle, but anything's possible.

Citizen's Armory charges special envelope rates for small parts.
You won't get hurt on shipping there.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top