Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2012 2:39:42 PM EDT
I am in the middle of my build and I am excited. I order a demo upper from BCM and it is on its way. After next week, I will order my barrel,BCG, sling, charging Handle, tools and Rear BUIS. Then I can bring it to the range and test run it. I just wanted to share the excitement, that is all.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I am with you dude! 2 months into mine. I have my barrel and upper in the mail, everything else is layed out and ready!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you in the market for AR specific tools? I have a few leads to save some cash if you are?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are you in the market for AR specific tools? I have a few leads to save some cash if you are?

I'm listening. I need a barrel nut wrench,stock castle nut wrench, upper receiver vice block.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm listening. I need a barrel nut wrench,stock castle nut wrench, upper receiver vice block.

I need a vice bock too!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I am about 2 months in, Friday I can go get my lower from my FFL, and begin assembly!  The shitty thing is my lower was the first part I ordered, and its the only thing I am waiting on.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need a vice bock too!

Have you seen that barrel nut tool from brownells. It looks awesome for tightening the barrel nut. Bad thing it is the same price as a vise block.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Dont bother with a lower block, a old mag or a piece of wood fashioned corectly will be perfect. As for the upper block, very important!! I dont think the clam shell type is neccesary with a new build. The DPMS claw type that pins into your upper is fine and works great! BUT they are pricey!! I found a so called used one on EBAY but it was in a wrapper for 30 bucks shipped!! A guy had a whole shed full of "old" ones he found? Mine was brand new! He might have some left, i just got mine last week. The touque you need on a barrel nut is very minimal and the nylon type block is fine and allows you to use it for other stuff! Any good armorers wrench will be good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]
i found a upper vise block and a hd barrel tool both for 63.90 free ship
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top