Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2012 10:26:22 AM EDT
Hey guys. I have been absolutely addicted to this website ever since I first found it. Love the GD discussions, zombie section, hometown information and survival tips. I caught the bug to build this rifle after getting some trigger time behind my friend's rifles. My friend had all of the necessary tools, so instead of buying a prebuilt rifle and changing it I bought all the parts I wanted and he helped me put it together.

Some of the Components
DPMS lower and upper
2 stage trigger
Magpul stock, angled foregrip, mags, pistol grip, BAD lever, sights and sling mount (I wanted the OD green look and didn't want to worry about different manufacturers color variation so I went with all Magpul. Not the cheapest option but so far I haven't had any issues with quality)
14.5" J&T barrel with pinned flash hider
YHM rifle length handguard
Vltor buffer tube and components
BCM Bolt Carrier Group
Gunfighter charging handle

I have the intentions of getting a Aimpoint or Eotech sight someday but I want to get used to these iron sights before I do that. I have probably 100 rounds through it so far and no issues.

What do you think? How did I do?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice, I like the color combo.

I will be going OD on my next build.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
your MBUS are backwards...
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

In my mind it seemed backwards to put them on the other way.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

do you play a lot of COD? that could explain it (seriously), they love mounting their BUIS backwards.

but really, you're losing 3-4" of sight radius with your irons which is one of the main benefits of running the longer forend
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

do you play a lot of COD? that could explain it (seriously), they love mounting their BUIS backwards.

but really, you're losing 3-4" of sight radius with your irons which is one of the main benefits of running the longer forend

That makes sense. Maybe subconsciously COD influenced me on this one /facepalm

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#6]
nice stick... be sure to give us an update in 6 months or so, i always love comparing the first rifle thoughts to the things learned later!

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top