Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2012 9:31:33 PM EDT
Dumb question and probably covered a thousand times but a co-worker friend brought his new AA 16" upper over to my place today He had picked up a pair of Magpul MOE units and asked me if I could help him remove the old M4 handguards. Sad but it's been so long since I've removed a pair that I've forgotten how.
It would be appreciated if someone could tell me the the correct way and hopefully,without needing any tools.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Dumb question and probably covered a thousand times but a co-worker friend brought his new AA 16" upper over to my place today He had picked up a pair of Magpul MOE units and asked me if I could help him remove the old M4 handguards. Sad but it's been so long since I've removed a pair that I've forgotten how.
It would be appreciated if someone could tell me the the correct way and hopefully,without needing any tools.

The delta ring is spring-loaded. Pull down on it to take the pressure off the handguard.
Take off the bottom half starting at the delta ring. Then the same for the top half.

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info,DD. I tried that but obviously didn't use enough muscle on the delta ring.
Will try it again,tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info,DD. I tried that but obviously didn't use enough muscle on the delta ring.
Will try it again,tomorrow.

There's an inexpensive delta ring tool that makes it a lot easier.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the tool or use three hands.
The spring can be very tight on a new gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 3:43:33 AM EDT
[#5]
You can use RUBBER COATED pair of large channel locks also.. just like the tool they sell..   use the HANDLE end (not the jaws)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top