Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 8:49:10 PM EDT
im headed to the gun show in the morning to pick up my few last parts and I get to assembly my rifle monday or tuesday hopefully.  My question is where do i mount the gas block on my barrel and also where does the handguard cap go.  If im thinking right the slot in the barrel is where the block backs up too and the handguard cap goes between the gas block and the notch but thats just me thinking thats how it goes.  my barrel is http://www.surplusammo.com/surplus-ammo-arms-standard-h-bar-profile1-7-ar-15-barrel/ any and all help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#1]
you should see a hole on the barrel where the gas comes from. and two grooves indented into the barrel. the FSB slides up and the holes are flush with those grooves. you must use taper pins for this one, and make sure the taper pins are going in small side first. you can put the FSB on and put a pin in the hole (giggity) wiggle it around and it should fall into that groove then tap into place. the next one might not be se easy.if your using stock handguards the front will clip on in front on the fsb.

IMO i would have got a parts kit from palmettostatearmory.com or delton because they come with a completed upper. I bought a 16'' middy govt profile for 514 shipped from PSA. delton has non spec kits for 480 shipped.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
There are numerous videos you can watch that will show you step by step how to put an AR together, many can be watched for free on You Tube.  

This site also has some resources to help folks build:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226782_Assemble_your_own_LOWER__UPPER__FREE_FLOAT__TRIGGER__GAS_BLOCK___Step_by_step_instructions_.html

I can assure you, it is not that hard if you have the proper tools and do a little research.

Good luck.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top