Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2012 8:00:10 AM EDT
I was wanting to put an a2 style fsb on one of my builds, you guys think a clamp on block would be ok or should i go ahead and send it to adco and have them pin one to the barrel, their website says 130.00 for them to install providing a fsb or 90.00 if i provide the block. if i go with the pinned block  can i still remove it if need be?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
My personal weapons are mostly clamp on.
For a combat weapon I would go pinned.
Yes
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Depending on your knowledge, expierence, and access to the proper tools YOU may or may not be able to remove it, however, it IS removable. There is nothing wrong with the clamp on for you, and you save about $100....<><....:)
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, i was hoping thats what ya'll were going to say.lol, I've got a little one due in a few weeks and my ar fund is pretty much dried up. Didn't want to have a built rifle that i couldn't play with because of the fsb.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Armalite sells a clamp on for around $45 sans the detent, spring, and post which will add a little to the price.  A clamp on is fine unless you are going to war in which case I would get it pinned.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Yes, you have to understand and remember, you CANNOT shoot bad guys with a clamp on front sight. However you CAN shoot small and medium sized varmints and deer with a clamp on front sight ....<><....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top