Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2012 4:02:23 PM EDT
OK...No gripe here.  I received my Spikes Enhanced LPK and installed it in my Spikes stripped lower along with my Magpul ACS stock and buffer tube kit.  All went together well with no issues...

Now, my question...Has anyone ever installed one of these before?  After I was finished installing my LPK, there was one spring left as well as a detent.  I didn't look over the individual parts and count them when I dove in to the install.  Has anyone else ever run in to a situation when they had an extra spring and detent upon finishing the install of this LPK?  I checked and re-checked my install and I did not miss a spring or detent in this install.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
pretty sure spikes gives you a couple extra.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...I guess I could call them and ask.  Duh, why didn't I just think of that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I just opened my Spike's ELPK and compared it to the diagram on their website (it's on the product page), and I have no extra parts. FWIW

Pic
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
i had extra pieces for mine i believe. But then again i hadnt installed the receiver extension or rear take down pin
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a standard Spikes LPK...Had an extra detent, spring and a roll pin. Better and extra than 1 short.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I've installed 2 Spikes LPKs and had stuff left over on both of them.  However, be sure you didn't leave out the disconnector spring like I did on the first one
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Disregard
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe someone from Spike's chimed in one time that they include one extra spring and detent because they tend to shoot across the room and get lost easy.

BTW: All three of my Spike's kits have come with extra parts.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top