Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:55:34 AM EDT
I'm in the process of completeing a 80% build, I'm looking for a stamp that says "safe" and " fire " as the new 80% lowers dont come with any markings on them. Does anyone know where I can find them? Thanks JP
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if such a thing is available.
But you can get a set of alphabet stamps from a decent tool catalog or even Harbor Freight.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Never seen such stamps, I engraved mine on a Haas CNC, I'm sure you can find a local machine shop to do this for you for a small fee. If you don't want to go that route then perhaps just stamp F and S with a set of letter stamps.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If you get a set of letter stamps, the standard trick to lining them up is to put a piece of masking tape on the part to establish the base line for the lettering, then you just hold the stamp in position on that line and eyeball the spacing between letters, one letter at a time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not just drill 2 dots and paint one red, one white?

You could even do it like most pistols, red under the selector that displays when safe
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]
orion arms and ident markings can both apply what ever markings you desire including custom wording or logos or a combination of both. some of their work can be found on retroblackrifle.com along with a link to them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the idea of drilling two indentations and filling them in with paint.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You could even do it like most pistols, red under the selector that displays when safe

Superb Idea!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The wall is only a 1/10" thick. I didn't want to drill in to it.
I used a stamp set from Harbor freight. Stamped an S & F before I
hallowed out the fire control pocket.
On a pre-anodized lower I punched out a dot from red and white electrical tape.
They have held up so far and are easily replaced when needed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#9]
These are some great ideas guys, Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I believe red displayed means ready to fire or safety is OFF...it is like that on my Browning anyway.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top