Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2011 7:00:27 AM EDT
They are the only company that I know of that sells LPK's without the hammer and trigger (and I have a friggen PILE of these from other builds) and at a very reasonable price. I was wondering if anyone knew who actually made the parts for them?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure who makes there parts but, they are not the only one making kits without the fire control group.

PSA
If you look through there various options, there are a few kits without the FCG.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Any idea who makes Palmettos'?

I'm putting together a "mutt" rifle out of misc. parts but I want them to be better+ parts.

So far I have an old military A1 Upper-complete with "teardrop" FA, an M16 USGI bolt/carrier, a Rock River hammer and Trigger, set of double heat shield handguards, a CAR stock/buffer/tube (think this came off an old Bushmaster), barrel is a brand new Daniel Defense M4 Chrome lined, a $100 Rock River lower I bought several years ago etc....All I really need to throw the rifle together at this point is a LPK less the hammer and trigger. Won't have a whole lot of money in this one as most of the stuff was cast off from other guns, trade bait etc.....Probably about $300 in total. If the rifle runs really well it will probably end up as my "truck gun".
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Will, check you messages...
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Sent a reply already.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm putting together a "mutt" rifle out of misc. parts but I want them to be better+ parts.

So far I have an old military A1 Upper-complete with "teardrop" FA, an M16 USGI bolt/carrier, a Rock River hammer and Trigger, set of double heat shield handguards, a CAR stock/buffer/tube (think this came off an old Bushmaster), barrel is a brand new Daniel Defense M4 Chrome lined, a $100 Rock River lower I bought several years ago etc....All I really need to throw the rifle together at this point is a LPK less the hammer and trigger. Won't have a whole lot of money in this one as most of the stuff was cast off from other guns, trade bait etc.....Probably about $300 in total. If the rifle runs really well it will probably end up as my "truck gun".

Sorry, I am not sure. You can hit there Industry forum here on arfcom and ask them. I know some companies are willing to say and others are not.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I am not sure. You can hit there Industry forum here on arfcom and ask them. I know some companies are willing to say and others are not.

They seem to get good reviews though I did find one chat thread where someone indicated he had problems with the pins being undersized and walking with high round counts.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe Fulton Armory resales mostly DPMS stuff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:35:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I believe Fulton Armory resales mostly DPMS stuff.

Well, I went with the Palmetto unit. We'll see how it goes. I plan on putting the rifle together over the Christmas holiday with my kids. We'll build the lower as soon as the LPK shows up and the upper later.  They are looking forward to it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top