Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2011 12:44:45 PM EDT
Some of you may know that I joined the forum recently because I got bitten by the AR Bug badly after deciding to undertake my first build.  About midway through, I began to realize that what I wanted was really two different rifles from the same platform.  So to solve this dilemma I decided to build a second AR, that way each platform would be built for a specific purpose and I wouldn't have to compromise.  With that in mind, I'm at about 70% completion on the first build and I am awaiting some parts to become available before I can finish it.  Primarily I'm waiting on a YHM 20" threaded/fluted barrel with 1:7 twist.  Once I have that, I can get this project buttoned up.  Anyway, I thought you might be interested to see the progress I've made up to this point.  I'm very happy with the progress I've made, especially given that this is my first build.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n280/03fhtcui/IMG_2252.jpg
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, where are you getting your 20inch yhm barrel from? They are sold out everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Nowhere at the moment. I'm having the same issue...no barrels to be found anywhere.

Quoted:
Nice, where are you getting your 20inch yhm barrel from? They are sold out everywhere.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top