Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2011 4:34:17 PM EDT
thought I was goinng to finish building my AR today PSA bolt arrived I was overjoyed. when I tried to insert bolt it wold not seat all the way, took another bolt from another AR same thing but when I tried seating PSA bolt in other A it worked flawlessly. SO II decided maybe gas tube was off, I removed gas tube and I still have the same problem bolts will not seat all the way. what could possibly be wrong or am I doing something wrong??????

using LW 16in barrel with YHM FF and supposedly YHM upper bought off of EE
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Does a bolt seat in the chamber?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

thought I was goinng to finish building my AR today PSA bolt arrived I was overjoyed. when I tried to insert bolt it wold not seat all the way, took another bolt from another AR same thing but when I tried seating PSA bolt in other A it worked flawlessly. SO II decided maybe gas tube was off, I removed gas tube and I still have the same problem bolts will not seat all the way. what could possibly be wrong or am I doing something wrong??????
using LW 16in barrel with YHM FF and supposedly YHM upper bought off of EE

Pictures would help.

Are you using a old BCG with lots of carbon build up where the bolt normally seats preventing it from locking back fully?

Is your barrel nut torqued down the proper ft/lb?

are you sure it's the gas key misaligned with the gas tube?

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
the bolt is brand new just recieved today, barrel nut is torqued properly, will check and see if bolt will chamber right now, yes bolt will go into chamber now let me see how to post pics be up in a bit couldnt post pics but thingsseem to be turning around tried a different bolt and she went in perfectly  will be receiving a new bolt in a couple of days hopefully everything will work out then, thanks for all the help
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the dust cover closed? I have had some hang on that with the door shut and didn't notice it at first. Just a thought
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top