Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2011 8:12:19 PM EDT
So I placed an order with Del-ton tonight, and their website says orders are taking 4-6 weeks to ship. I am wondering if anyone has made any kit orders lately and how long they have been taking? Thanks in advance!
Here is what I ordered, it will be my 2nd Del-ton build and 3 build total:
RKT10016" M4 Rifle Kit
[M4 Rifle Kit -Barrel:DTI 16" M4 1x7 Chrome Lined]
[M4 Rifle Kit / Rifle -Handguards:CAR Handguard with Heat Shields-Black]
[Rifle Kit / Rifle -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier]
[Rifle Kit / Rifle -Buttstock:M4 Buttstock - Black]
[Rifle Kit / Rifle -Grips:A2 Grip - Black]
[Rifle Kit / Rifle-Carrying Handle:None]
[Rifle Kit / Rifle-Flash Hiders:A2 Flash Hider]
[Rifle Kit / Rifle-Gas Blocks:F-Marked Front Sight Base]
[Rifle Kit / Rifle-Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts]
[Rifle Kit / Rifle-T Handle:Standard Charging Handle]
[Rifle Kit / Rifle-Uppers:Flat Top Upper with M4 Feed Ramps]
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Word is theyre taking longer than 4-6 on some occasions. It depends on what you got and what they have in stock. I think theyre big thing is getting barrels. Up to 10 weeks for some people. Over in their industry forum theres a thread with a lot of what people ordered and shipping times.

Check it out here

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered mine on easter i want to say. I didnt get it untill 3 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered mine in early April, almost identical to what you have there.  It shipped at the 5 week mark, I had it before the 6th week could hit.  You can get it faster if you call them and ask to have it sent to you completely unassembled (meaning the upper too).  Supposedly part of the hold up is just getting the bench time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a chrome-lined barrel on 3-31...

I got this email from Megan at Del-Ton on April 17:

"We are running to 4-6 weeks out on all builds so you still have a little while."

On May 17, I got this email:

"Those barrels are at chroming right now which means it will be around 4 weeks before they are back and ready to ship out. I am sorry about the delay but as soon as the barrels come in I will fill your order. If I could be any further assist to you please let me know."

It's June 20, and I am still waiting patiently.  The barrel is the last part I need for a first build.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
my gosh...  What tha???   damn...  that is a long time to be in the dark waiting on a parts kit...!
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
But think of the money you are saving....
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered a barrel recently.... gonna cancel I think .... I am done with Delton.... PMAG incident where everyone had Pmags and was told they are coming they are coming......
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine are listed as shipped today, a little past the 8 week mark. If the problem is/was barrels they may get caught up pretty quickly. But I have no knowledge on what the real hold up is.
I still have a couple of 20” uppers on order, I was told they have none of the 20” barrels I ordered.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd NEVER wait that long for an upper...
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Barrels are gonna be an issue......place I get my blanks is in the middle of filling an order for 50,000 barrels for the Army, and have a 30 day timeframe.......they are working 24/6 to fill the order.....they will be back on civilian production after the 4th of July
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I must have gotten lucky... I ordered a chrome lined barrel from them on April 26th, got shipping notification on the 29th. Three days later it was at my door.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a 20 HBAR kit on Black Friday of last year and got it in 2 weeks. then they had a new years sale and then SHOT show orders and i know they are still backed up from those order still. In the middle of last summer i ordered a middy kit and it was here in 5 days. Everyone wants AR's right now and you can get them alot faster if you dont go directly to the manufacturer, buy the kits from a vendor, you may not be able to get it your way, but you can get an AR.

lookie here, they have 2 kits in stock and ready to ship today!! http://coldhandarms.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29&products_id=34&zenid=0k17n9l82d385pubn2r2h8vrv6
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Back in February when I was buying my rifle kit I called all the companies and got lead times.  Del-Ton quoted a 4-6 week delivery.  Another company said they'd ship before 5pm that day.  Needless to say I don't have a Del-Ton.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#14]
A follow-up to my 3-31 order.  It did *finally* ship last night, I expect the Brown Truck tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I ordered my kit on May 2. The barrels went into backorder beginning of June and they told me they would have more in mid June. They received their shipment of barrels, and still didn't have enough to get to my order. They told me it would be another 2 weeks from then. I canceled my order June 22, and ordered from Armalite on June 23. My upper arrived 2 business days later and I built my rifle last night. So it looks like they are at least 8 weeks out right now.

I was completely understanding that it would take at least 4-6 weeks. They are selling something that is in high demand. But I had a timeline that I needed it by, and they weren't able to deliver.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top