Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2011 2:04:05 PM EDT
Anyone know about the ar15depot uppers.

http://www.ar15depot.com/uppers.htm

They look like a sweet deal especially the 16" with a rifle length quad rail (#RL063).  I just wanted to know if anyone has experience with them before i go and and pull the trigger and order one. thanks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Skeptical,Hmmm...some of their parts are priced pretty high. Magpul MOE Trigger Guard, $14.99. lol  
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
They appear to sell a lot of Chinese made gear on that site. That should tell you something.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, i guess im going to save up a few hundred more and do things right.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I noticed they don't identify a single item by a manufacturers name. Redflag on the Chinese knockoffs!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I would stay away! They sell alot of chi-com crap and do not list who makes their "parts" they are selling.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#6]
its amazing people talk what they dont know .im ar15depot and all my items has100% money back if not satisfied ,some items are utg made in usa ,and thats because i like the quality we are very competetive on our prices me make our own barrels and there stamp ard 556 .

so dont stay away we have 6 month warranty on all our uppers .

there made by us in the usa.

ar15depot.com

we also sell wholesale

arddealer.com

ard
american rifle depot
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
its amazing people talk what they dont know .im ar15depot and all my items has100% money back if not satisfied ,some items are utg made in usa ,and thats because i like the quality we are very competetive on our prices me make our own barrels and there stamp ard 556 .

ar15depot.com

we also sell wholesale

arddealer.com

ard
american rifle depot

LOL You don't even sound like your from the USA
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#8]
What state does your company do business out of? I didn't see it on your website. I just saw a lot of American Flags. Plus I would hope that a representative from your company would be a little bit better spoken/typed then what you have displayed.  We are providing opinions as asked. Most speak from experience of bad purchases which it seems that your site may mirror. I cant say that I have know UTG to be of the best quality for an AR unless it is airsoft.

By state i don't mean the state you have listed on here. You can put anything. I know where the companies I deal with have actual store fronts.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Phone number on their sight comes up as:

UGK Gold Buyers - Los Angeles, CA, 90028-7014 - (323) 463-7555
www.ziplocal.com/page/CA/los-angeles/ugk.../1-25860853.html - Cached
(323) 463-7555; 1540 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA, 900287014, Coin Dealers' Supplies.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#10]
yeah i didn't bother going that far into it.
The site was not visually appealing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I just entered the number in google.

I liked the "look" of the bull spiral SS barrels.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought "there" website looked quite goodly.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
From that unprofessional response alone i will never purchase anything from ar15depot.   thanks ar15 forum members for helping me avoid a mistake.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ar15depot.com

we also sell wholesale

arddealer.com

ard
american rifle depot

I think (hope) this is a joke.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#15]
that thin profile fluted stainless barrel upper sure looked nice to me. I agree it was a dead giveaway the gentleman was not from the USA by the way he responded but that one particular thin profile fluted stainless barrel upper was so nice looking I'd be tempted to take a chance on one if the price was right. Maybe the owner of AR15 depot should offer to ship an upper to a forum member at a deep discount to be range tested and report back to the rest of us? Did I mention I just picked up 500 rounds of 223  ammo and have been wondering what I am going to run it thru  
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#16]
That was bad of me
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think (hope) this is a joke.

Dunno if it was a joke or not but UTG Pro accessories are now made in Arizona. The aluminum comes from Ohio.

Link Posted: 7/2/2011 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's some funny stuff I found, here's a website talking about AR15Depot LINK
go down a few posts and you find a guy named "1911UMC" making some stupid posts like these
sounds like jelousy i look at his website and he has great prices ,and
only has about 3-5 items of utg which the items are not bad.

if you going to bad mouth some one becuase you like spending 3 times your money on items that your issue .
if you have something bad to say about people ,you should just shut the flock up

and
you need some serious help you probably want people to buy from your
website ,some people can afford a porsh some can only afford a toyota,
stop destroying america with your stupid commets

well that was interesting...
So I went a little deeper and found a Calguns post also about AR15 Depot LINK with a post by "m1911umc", that name sounds familiar...
NO I WAS IN ARIZONA AT THE TIME AT THE GUN SHOW, IM IN LOS ANGELES BUT IM ONLY ON LINE WITH FREE SHIPPING

It could be a funny coincidence or this company uses shill accounts. Any which way I'll pass on buying from them.

Link Posted: 7/2/2011 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I love all this dialog.  Are we arfcommers skeptical or what?

Ban AR15 Depot.com.  They sound bogus to me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I can understand trying to hatch out a business in this economy.  I am with other people here - Put some manufacturers names against the products.  If it's from China...Put China.  I don't know if it picture sizing, but some of their products look goofy.

I do see a vertical grip that appears to have a MAGPUL MOE picture.  If you are selling Magpul products, Superb on you, and I recommend you putting the name next to the product!  If you jacked that picture, you are probably going to be contacted soon for Copyright infringements.  Me thinks that is a NO-NO!  

Rob
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top