Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2011 3:29:02 PM EDT
I recently ordered a upper assebly from Red X Arms and my experience so far has been mixed. I ordered the 16" stainless 1:9 extreme tactical upper they have listed for $290 with free shipping. After having no luck finding reviews about them I decided to take the plunge and try them out. I do think their  customer service may need some improvement.
Tuesday night at 11:40p.m. I placed my order for the upper. This morning I noticed that they have the same upper I purchased for $290 as a " special for the month of May "  and on sale for $275. Since I purchased this on their website just a day earlier I emailed them asking if they would "honor" the lower price since the upper has not been shipped yet? I also asked if it would be easier if I just cancelled my order ( I paid with a credit card ) and then place another order for the lower price? Here is their response:

Hi Michael,

Your order was placed before the item went on sale 5/19/11 at 12:00AM. Your order is in process in our system and being built. Your card has already been billed. We can not discount your purchase since it was placed before the sale started ( 24 hours before sale ). At this point you can not cancel the order you placed as it is already in process and been billed. We will start running monthly specials for the whole month starting in June.

Thank You,
RED X ARMS

Yes, I know this may seem petty, but they have the sale listed on their website as " For the MONTH of May ".  I did notice that they changed their website AFTER I emailed them. It now says sale for " the remainder of May " and they also added effective sale dates AFTER the email.

Anyway, I plan on giving them a thorough review once it arrives and I get it to the range. Will post pictures and range report once it arrives.

Link Posted: 5/21/2011 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought mine (M4) two months ago and asked that the standard hand guards be switched out to the knurled aluminum. Love it ! The finish is very nice. It matches my Gunsmoke Enterprises lower exactly and I have no slop in the lower to upper fit. I am very pleased with mine and will be buying another when I build my son's carbine.

Sorry to hear about your experience OP.
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
You'd think they would at least offer you a $15 store credit.

Nice to see good reviews on the products, though.  Looks like their prices are great.
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been reading decent things about Red X popping up on different boards. They could be another diamond in the rough. It might be time to look in to their product.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have heard some good things about them too. I am not "bashing" them or their product or anything like that over a minor $15.00. I just think they could have done something like a store credit. I realize that they are not Wal-Mart and can't do business like them. I am looking forward to getting the upper and trying it out. I am going to use a complete Surplus Ammo and Arms lower that has been laying around.
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I built my first AR using their upper and have been very happy with it.  I haven't had a chance to take to to a range and really sight it in but just plinking around the house it has run flawlessly. I would highly recommend them and now they are soon going to be offering .308 I might be building an AR10.
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I built my first AR using their upper and have been very happy with it.  I haven't had a chance to take to to a range and really sight it in but just plinking around the house it has run flawlessly. I would highly recommend them and now they are soon going to be offering .308 I might be building an AR10.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top