Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2011 5:21:26 PM EDT
long story short, I bought a quad rail I wanted to install so I took off the FSB, handguards and flash hider. I then realized I needed more tools to get the barrel off besides a barrel wrench so it in pieces for a year before I decided to put it back together, completely forgetting that the pins were tapered. I got them in, but then realized that they should only go in one way and go out the next. Do I need to take the pins out? What would be damaged? The fsb, the barrel, just the pins?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
If you got them in they should be ok.

Or did you use a 20ton press to get them in??
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
If the pins are tapered, they can go in one way. If the pins are straight, they may go in either way.

Are the pins completely inserted?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#3]
they are all the way in there. I used a hammer and a punch, and they were pretty hard to get in.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It should be fine. They're damn near impossible to install backwards. I guess you could pound the shit out of them and get them in, but I wouldn't sweat it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#5]
If you got them back in then there is no use worrying about it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#6]
If the pins were tight from the start, sounds like the pins may be straight. A tapered pin will drop in to about 1/4" of their finished position before you need a hammer.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top