Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2011 3:18:42 PM EDT
ok I picked up this barrel used to do an sbr and I need the gi type front sight/ gas block so i can use my ops-416, I see this barrel has recesses for set screws not cuts for the pins, where do I get a gi gas block with set screws or do i have to buy one and drill and tap it? or do I need to buy a flip sight like the second pic and if so will it work with my piston kit and magpul hg's?

Made to spec by Compass Lake Engineering.
10.5. 11.5" or 14/7""
1:7 twist
Carbine length length gas
M4 Ramps
SS Match Grade 416R Grade 70 Douglas Blank
Wylde Chamber
1/2>X28 threaded muzzle
Side cuts for mounting a DMR "F" Height front sight or a PRI Set Screw Flip Front sight Gas Block
Dimples for gas block alignment
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on CMMG that is where I got my FSB with set screws, excellent quality
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry bout that, went with the 11.5, these are stock pics and info from daniel defense
thanks for the link thats what i am lookin for, do these come up for sale used often?
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
sorry went with the 11.5, these are stock pics and info from daniel defense
thanks for the link thats what i am lookin for, do these come up for sale used often?

No

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
this is a patrol rifle build and is running a comp m3 with troy rear buis, I currently run fixed so thats why i was gonna use the same again
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
ok got the cmmg fsb how do i tell when it is on straight or is it just trial and error at the range, also what color locktite for the screws?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Any duty use rifle should have a FSB that is pinned on. IMO
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have to ask maybe your not qualified to build a duty rifle.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for you answers I have found them very helpful and informative

i know how to tell if the gas ports lined up, i am just looking for a way to gurantee the fsb is clocked at absolute 12 to minimize any windage adjustments when zeroing the guns iron backup sights, if the answer is trial and error thats fine, if the answer is that the adjustments to windage are so minimal that all you realy don't need to be concerned with the fsb being perfectly dead on straight thats fine also

I see there is already another thread debating use or non use of locktite and other similar products
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top