Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 6:55:48 PM EDT
I have a spikes lower reciever and am just wondering if i would go with say a Noveske upper reciever or DD upper if the black anodized coating will match? and also if i do go with one of those over a spikes upper, does anyone think i ll have problems with fitment or a sloppy fit between the 2 different companys?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Color likely as not won't match.
Fit, will be typical AR (sloppy).

And neither will make a difference
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#2]
i put my ddm4 upper on my spikes lower to see real quick and the dd looks a little more "shiny ish" but nothing crazy. Fits really tight.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#3]
and a $5.00 accu wedge will fix that fit slop real quick.

Assuming this is not going to be a ornamental rifle the collor will blend over time.  Make it functional not pretty.

My $0.02
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]
a 50 cent O ring will fix it, too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Where does the o ring go?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Around the front upper lug.  It gets squashed when the receivers close.  One on the rear prolly works, too, but you don't have any leverage to squash the ring, like you do up front.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top