Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2011 6:50:41 PM EDT
I have been wanting an AR for years and finally had the time and money to get one.  I hit up EVERY shop in town for months waiting on one to show up that I wanted, researched building, checked gun shows and still...nothing that made me

So I finally decided to Build my own so I could have it EXACTLY how I wanted and know everything about it, inside and out.

I started off with my first piece, a stripped Spike's Tactical lower, then later that week picked up a Tactical Innovations lower parts kit and MagPul 30 rd magazine.

I looked all over and different barrels and hand guards and everything else and this is my creation.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z211/Spo0led/AR15/DSCF2677.jpg

And as far as accuracy goes... well...

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196178_1827948385851_1454554423_2029021_3016866_n.jpg

I sighted it in at 100 yards because thats all I had available to me but I hope to get out to the farm tomorrow and push it out to 200.  You can see where I started high and left and brought it in little by little.  And the hole on the bottom right.. "that lil guy? Nah, I wouldn't worry bout that lil guy!"
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Bravo!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
good job!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the compliments and welcomes.  My girlfriend wants to build one now that she had a chance to shoot mine.  She wants to have hers duracoated so that will be our next build.  This one took about 9 months or so to complete, hopefully hers wont take near as long.  

Oh, forgot to add.  I sighted it in WITHOUT the bipod.  I havent had a chance to shoot since Ive added it.  Hopefully that happens on Wednesday.  I cant wait.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks good! Welcome!!

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice Looking rifle and shoots nice.

What scope is that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice, what hand guard tube do you have on it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#8]
"that lil guy? Nah, I wouldn't worry bout that lil guy!"
LOL
Meow, the thing to do meow is work on taking out the whole bulls eye meow.

Everyone has a zinger now and then.
Nice rig and good shooting. You can be on my team.....
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the compliments and welcomes.  My girlfriend wants to build one now that she had a chance to shoot mine.  She wants to have hers duracoated so that will be our next build.  This one took about 9 months or so to complete, hopefully hers wont take near as long.  

Oh, forgot to add.  I sighted it in WITHOUT the bipod.  I havent had a chance to shoot since Ive added it.  Hopefully that happens on Wednesday.  I cant wait.  

I need to get me one of those...
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice Looking rifle and shoots nice.

What scope is that?

It is a RedHead scope that I got at BassPro.  My girlfriends brother gets 40% off so I gave him cash and he bought it for me.  I was told their scopes are made by Bushnell.  Its a 6-24.  I was really looking for an illuminated but thought I would give that one a try. If i didnt like it, I was going to put it on Craigslist and get another.  

Quoted:
Very nice, what hand guard tube do you have on it.

It is a Rock River free float.

Quoted:
LOL Meow, the thing to do meow is work on taking out the whole bulls eye meow.

Everyone has a zinger now and then.
Nice rig and good shooting. You can be on my team.....

Me and a friend talked about starting up a shooting team once I got this rifle built.  He was a marksman over in Iraq and then went to sniper school and did a little bit of that.  Hes helped me alot on my marksmanship.  Hopefully we can get this thing going soon.  

Quoted:
I need to get me one of those...

The girlfriend who wants to build her own rifle?? lol
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top