Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2011 12:56:06 PM EDT
can you reuse the crush washer when re-installing the flash suppressor or do you need to use a new crush washer???
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
can you reuse the crush washer when re-installing the flash suppressor or do you need to use a new crush washer???

You are suppose to replace it. If you can still time it to time right though you can reuse it if need be. Personally I'd just replace it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
With the A2 flash hider and YHM Phantom I was able to reuse it. With the Smith Vortex, I had to toss it and get a new one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With the A2 flash hider and YHM Phantom I was able to reuse it. With the Smith Vortex, I had to toss it and get a new one.

Why are you useing any washer with a Vortex?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]
according to Bushmaster web site a cruch washer is a one time use only part.  and they are cheap so I ordered a few.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you useing any washer with a Vortex?

Lol, yeah anyway?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:00:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd replace it also - they are cheap.  I'd recommend the YHM crush washers (you can usually find them cheap on ebay) - unlike some others, they do actually crush as advertised with about 20 ft/lbs of torque.  Some brands need a ridiculous amount of torque to "crush" them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:21:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I re use them all the time.... but I re use them on different installs where some more crush is needed to index the flash hider.

I prefer peel washers, but sometimes grabbing a salvaged crush washer is just too easy.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top