Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 1:36:21 PM EDT
Looking at getting a barrel built for 3gun stuff.

Barrel builder wants specs on rifle length length and port size.  I was under the impression that the dimensions are standard - not the case.  Can anyone recommend specs?

Barrel would be 18" 223 Wylde chamber 1-8 twist .65 to gas block .75 from gas block to end of barrel.  Using a JP Rifle .75 adjustable gas block.

Appreciate any help as I don't know crap about AR's.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
18" rifle gas?

0.100" to 0.105"

The original SPR's had a gas port of 0.104"
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response.  Length down the barrel?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wouldnt trust somebody who doesnt know this already to make me a barrel. JMHO

He is in Canuckistan...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
This is McGowen I'm dealing with threw a third party - Canadian liason.  I'm sure they just want to keep me happy.  Isn't there a standard milspec dimension for this?  Like I stated I'm just getting into AR's so I dont know much other than I'm dedicated in making my own.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top