Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2011 5:40:24 AM EDT
So my AR is built and now I'm getting bored not having anything to tinker with.  I want to do something cosmetically appealing while still retaining function of course.  I saw the PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube and thought it looked cool.  Now I've turned my attention to pimping out my toob.  I like the PWS and will probably get one unless anybody else knows of a company that makes a cool looking buffer tube.  Suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#1]
VLTOR makes one with numbers on top so you can see which position your stock is in.  

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=236
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So my AR is built and now I'm getting bored not having anything to tinker with.  I want to do something cosmetically appealing while still retaining function of course.  I saw the PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube and thought it looked cool.  Now I've turned my attention to pimping out my toob.  I like the PWS and will probably get one unless anybody else knows of a company that makes a cool looking buffer tube.  Suggestions?

I too am interested in this but also wanted to know if you can use any type of buffer spring and buffer or if they have a proprietary one that needs to be used with the buffer tube. I know some guns can be picky on which buffer weight is used.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm running one, standard buffer and sprimg
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#4]
If you wand a bad ass buffer tube, I think PWS would do the trick It's gonna be hard to find one that beats the PWS look. I just called PWS, they lowered the MSRP from $149.99 to $74.99 and they have 16 in-stock
OMG I want one.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#5]
VLTOR A5.

It may not be as "cool" looking as the PWS but it functionally improves your rifle.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]
RifleTwo:  That picture pretty much sealed the deal for me.  I don't think anything is going to come close to that in the looks department.  Thanks for the input dudes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#8]

huh... i wish i could find more pictures of that thing... i kinda like it... but the only picture google search is giving me is the picture from that website and this one...

its different... id like to see a good picture of a complete rifle with that on it... a regular rifle... not a space gun.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#9]
You get off on pictures, don't you?
When you going to post some of your own that aren't Photoshopped?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent you an IM.

WTF?
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.  
The White Oak stuff is neat though, but not really the direction I am heading.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent you an IM.

WTF?
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.  
The White Oak stuff is neat though, but not really the direction I am heading.

I have no idea either.  Sent the dude an IM... no reply Meh.  I don't feel like pushing the report button on him when i have no idea what is going on so i guess ?

Yeah that stock is kinda cool, i don't know about the whole blue anodizing though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#13]
i wonder if you could do some custom work on a standard tube with some stencil and an ingraver???   but i agree that fluted tube looks pretty cool...  but i uselly keep my stock about the half way point so "FOR ME"  it wouldnt be that flashy for most of the fluting would be covered up...
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I'm going to order one for my SPR build next week (if they still have any in stock) I'm about 6'3'' with long arms, I normally have my stock out as far as it can go, so most of that delicious fluting will be visible Does some one make an extended length receiver extension for collapsible stocks? They should
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think I'm going to order one for my SPR build next week (if they still have any in stock) I'm about 6'3'' with long arms, I normally have my stock out as far as it can go, so most of that delicious fluting will be visible Does some one make an extended length receiver extension for collapsible stocks? They should

VLTOR A5
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

VLTOR A5

Hmmm, I'll have to look into those. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you wand a bad ass buffer tube, I think PWS would do the trick It's gonna be hard to find one that beats the PWS look. I just called PWS, they lowered the MSRP from $149.99 to $74.99 and they have 16 in-stock
OMG I want one.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/EOS/images/product/xpwsebts.jpg

From PWS website.....".Unlike the original PWS EBT, this unit is made from impact extruded 6061 aluminum in order to keep the cost down while keeping the quality high."
In other words they didnt just lower the price like the OP stated they made it cheaper from 6061 not milspec 7075 aluminum. If that matters to you then buy the 149.00 tube not the cheaper one. I wouldnt buy the one made from 6061 but that is just me. BTW this has been covered before....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top