Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2010 5:20:21 PM EDT
Can anyone point me to a thread on proper BCG disassembly? Search function rarely works for me around here. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know where it is, but here is a quick explanation:

There are five main parts:  Carrier, bolt assembly, firing pin, firing pin retaining pin and the cam pin.

Remove the firing pin retaining pin.  Use a punch or something small to pull it out from the left side.

The firing pin will fall out the rear of the carrier.

Push the bolt into the carrier and turn the cam pin 90 degrees so it is parallel with the gas tube.  Pull it out.

Pull the bolt out the front of the carrier.

Reverse order to put it back together.  The cam pin will only go into the bolt one way so it can't go if the bolt is upside down.

You can remove the extractor by removing the roll pin on the side of the bolt.  You can remove the ejector, but it is usually not needed unless you have a problem.  The three gas rings are the only other removable parts, again, unless you are having a problem or need to replace them for preventative maintenance, they don't need to be messed with.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Nm, just did it... Easy as cake. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Now do it blindfolded.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty sure after a little practice a downs kid could do it.... It's really that easy. I was surprised, pleasantly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Man you really need to get a copy of the military Tech Manual.  Read and reread it a bunch of times.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#6]
"Library" button, right under the site logo.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top