stag charging handle
LMT BCG
troy BUIS
daniel defense barrel assembly
la rue picatinny hand guard

all for about 1500
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, mostly tier1, but god tier would be MRP or SR-15. Sorry.
I'd add a barrel, and switch the stag CH for a GunFighter mod3 from BCM.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice stuff but not at the altitude you claim to be shooting towards.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
For $1500 I'd probably just try to find a used KAC SR15 or Colt if you want a tier 1 rifle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

RRA lower? Stag LPK?  That won't go over as "tier one" according to some here.....

For the record, I run RRA lowers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
i've been told the lowers are all pretty much the same from reputable manufacturers so i'm fine with the RRA and stag LPK.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
.... so i'm fine with the RRA and stag LPK.

Yes. You will be.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Youll be fine with a RRA lower and a stag LPK.

But its not god tier.

god tier would be

mega/noveske (just in my opinion from finish) lower
Spikes enhanced LPK
take your pic tier 1 buffer tubes
VLTOR iMod stock (as opposed to the ACS)
LMT MRP upper
Gun fighter charging handle
Spikes NiB BCG
Troy or larue BUIS

Not too mention I belive that RRA tends to machine their lowers to fit up perfectly with their uppers... and not very interchangeable with others.  

If you want a perfect match then put an LMT lower on my list :P

more than 1500, but that is god tier.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL at "God Tier"

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#10]
For $1500 why not just buy a complete Daniel Defense or BCM?  It's not like your really saving anything here after shipping and having to wrench it together yourself.  Doesn't make much sense.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For $1500 why not just buy a complete Daniel Defense or BCM?  It's not like your really saving anything here after shipping and having to wrench it together yourself.  Doesn't make much sense.

i agree with not having to wrench much, but i would go LaRue upper and lower, spikes lpk, and keep the magpul stuff.  It will cost you an extra $200 or so, but you will be able to attain the goal you are after.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#12]
go blackthorne or go home
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#13]
"GOD-tier" ??

Thats lightning bolts from the finger-tips kinda stuff.....(and thats just his concealed carry)
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#15]
god tier?  No.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#17]
define "god-tier"....  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#19]
god tier would be $4500+
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#20]
You want to buy a bunch of third rate parts and put them together in your kitchen and come up with a great rifle?

Let me give you a hot tip.  Get a 6720 and then go to Ken Elmore at Specialized Armament Warehouse for an Operator Package.

Have him furnish and install your accessories.

That way you will have Colt parts put together by someone that really, truly cares.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Noveske and Larue would fall into that category for me (I think I know what you mean anyway).  Certainly a fancy milled receiver would be needed in this case.  Maybe add a stainless steel lower parts kit and a fancy drop in trigger?

Oh yeah, $1500.00 is a long ways from the tier you are shooting for.  As said before you can easily sink $4500.00 into an AR, especially if you add optics, lights, a PVS14, a PEQ2A, and of course QD mounts for everything...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Noveske and Larue would fall into that category for me (I think I know what you mean anyway). Certainly a fancy milled receiver would be needed in this case.  Maybe add a stainless steel lower parts kit and a fancy drop in trigger?

Oh yeah, $1500.00 is a long ways from the tier you are shooting for.  As said before you can easily sink $4500.00 into an AR, especially if you add optics, lights, a PVS14, a PEQ2A, and of course QD mounts for everything...

Billet is pretty, but forged is god tier.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#23]
We should post silly threads like these in the GD forum.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#24]
God-tier? Hardly. They're only freakin' 5.56 rifles! I'd put up a 40yr old Colt M16A1 upper on any lower and do as good as your God-tier frankengewer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#25]
OP,

How well do you shoot, that you can use this "god-tier" rifle to its fullest extent?

I'd go with Combat_Jack's suggestion above, and use the extra $ for classes.

If you already shoot like a god, well then, you're all set
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be the douche bag that says it:

If you want a God-tier rifle just buy a Scar Heavy with a grenade launcher.

. . . what did he say???. . .
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#27]
i dotn see anything special abotu your list of parts.  it seems like just a standard avg build.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#28]
God Tier....sounds like someone probably hangs out at /k/
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Noveske and Larue would fall into that category for me (I think I know what you mean anyway). Certainly a fancy milled receiver would be needed in this case. Maybe add a stainless steel lower parts kit and a fancy drop in trigger?

Oh yeah, $1500.00 is a long ways from the tier you are shooting for. As said before you can easily sink $4500.00 into an AR, especially if you add optics, lights, a PVS14, a PEQ2A, and of course QD mounts for everything...

Inconel pins throughout, Norgon mag catch, Gieselle SSA, Colt for the remainder of the small parts, Mega lower and monolithic upper, Ion-Bonded Kreiger barrel, JP BCG, MagPul UBR or PRS, Slash buffer, MagPul MIAD, S&B scope, Bobro mounts.  That is about as close to god tier as you can get, and it will cost you a lot more than $1,500.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't buy into the tacticool stuff and certainly don't believe parts are better if they have "Noveske" or "Colt" on them. I still want the flattop because it's more versatile and optics are actually useful.  I decided against the railed handguard. i'm fine with the RRA lower, stag parts, ACS,  DD barrel and LMT BCG, right?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't believe anyone replying to your original post thinks you won't be absolutely fine with the parts you have proposed. Rather most just don't see this to be the tier you have suggested. I'll bet you'll be completely happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#32]
thanks. i wasn't aware there were $4000+ builds out there (to play range ninja with?) I was going by "the chart" of all the desirable qualities (F FSB, correctly staked gas key, m4 feedramps, etc.) which I thought would have been "god-tier".
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't buy into the tacticool stuff and certainly don't believe parts are better if they have "Noveske" or "Colt" on them. I still want the flattop because it's more versatile and optics are actually useful.  I decided against the railed handguard. i'm fine with the RRA lower, stag parts, ACS,  DD barrel and LMT BCG, right?

RRA lowers are purposely cut tight in certain spots, to keep upper/lower fit tighter than it needs to be. As a result, some uppers won't fit on RRA lowers.

And Colt isn't just a brand––its fifty years experience making AR15 rifles that work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
thanks. i wasn't aware there were $4000+ builds out there (to play range ninja with?) I was going by "the chart" of all the desirable qualities (F FSB, correctly staked gas key, m4 feedramps, etc.) which I thought would have been "god-tier".

lol.

dont listen to that stupid chart.

sure all the information on it is accurate... but thats not ALL the information in the world.

its a VERY narrow view of the AR world, there are MANY different options out there, and the chart doesnt begin to even scratch the surface of whats available.  

take spikes for example, its not even ON there, but if it was... it would be tier 1.

What about NiB coated BCGs? or Ion-bond? no where on that silly chart does it talk about them? They are options that take a normal build... to a higher tier.

and like everyone else has said, you have a solid build there, but its no where near god-tier.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

sure all the information on it is accurate... but thats not ALL the information in the world.

its a VERY narrow view of the AR world, there are MANY different options out there, and the chart doesnt begin to even scratch the surface of whats available.  

take spikes for example, its not even ON there, but if it was... it would be tier 1.

What about NiB coated BCGs? or Ion-bond? no where on that silly chart does it talk about them? They are options that take a normal build... to a higher tier.

and like everyone else has said, you have a solid build there, but its no where near god-tier.  

And once again, another person doesn't even bother reading the purpose of that chart.  It is a very specific comparison.  Notice the KAC SR15E3 isn't on there either?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Define "tacticool."  Because everytime I see is used it usually means nothing.

You can believ all you want.  There is a reason why the parts that come from certain companies ARE better.  It has nothing to do with the name, it has everything to so with the standards associated with those names.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

And once again, another person doesn't even bother reading the purpose of that chart.  It is a very specific comparison.  Notice the KAC SR15E3 isn't on there either?

Oh I read the specific purpose of it. Thus Im telling this guy that its a narrow view and he shouldnt be basing his build solely on the chart.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#38]

And once again, another person doesn't even bother reading the purpose of that chart.  It is a very specific comparison.  

It's a comparison of M4gery's. AND the  Spikes M4 LE isn't on there so the "Chart" is not real credible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And once again, another person doesn't even bother reading the purpose of that chart.  It is a very specific comparison.  

It's a comparison of M4gery's. AND the  Spikes M4 LE isn't on there so the "Chart" is not real credible.

Because someone's pet manufacturer isn't on it, yet, it's not credible?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blackthorne ALL DAY. Machine guns of the special forces!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe credible wasn't the best choice although it works in this case because of why Spikes isn't on there.

Not accurate would be more fitting.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe credible wasn't the best choice although it works in this case because of why Spikes isn't on there.

Not accurate would be more fitting.

I think the list is fairly accurate just not as complete as some would like.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#43]
the real man's ar15 Colt 6920
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#44]
that would be a nice build but shop around and you can do that for $1300 or less. check the EE there are all kind of deals and you could build a "god tier" for 1500
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I would just use olympic arms parts to make a god tier rifle. Easy guys whoa whoa....................................................ouch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#46]
So where's the pics of this said "God-Tier" weapon? WHAT NOT BUILT YET?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I hate the whole "tier" thing.

Want to drop cash into a "Frankengun" and have the best parts money will buy?

Lower receiver: KAC ambi lower with their LPK installed or one of Magpul's ambi lowers.
Stock: Magpul UBR
Buffer: Match to your barrel length, gas port diameter, and gas port position.

Upper receiver: Ideally KAC(though you should probably just go with a complete SR-15E3 if you go KAC) but a Noveske Afghan or Colt 6921 bbl in a Voltor VIS or other Monolithic Upper is good, or a LaRue Stealth.
BCG: Standard (non coated) BCM BCG.
Brake: KAC Triple Tap
BUIS: Troy
Optic: S&B, Nightforce, Swavorski 1-4x (or similar) or for RDS Aimpoint Micro T-1 or if you really want to drop some cash, and Elcan Spectre.

Light: Surefire Scout or Mini Scout
VFG: Magpul AFG or LaRue FUG
Pistol Grip: Magpul MIAD
Other: Magpul BAD (if the ambi bolt catch on the lowers isn't easy manipulate with your strong hand), M4-2000 or Surefire Micro can, Blue-Force Redi-Mod.

But there is no way in hell you can put that together for $1500.

I have dropped more than that in my normal build: 6921bbl, Essential Arms Lower, BCM upper, Magpul parts, Troy sights, and no optic (yet)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top